Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2012 8:59:32 AM EDT
I've been looking for FDE backstraps to fit a full sized M&P9, but I can't even find part numbers - the parts list on the S&W website doesn't show them (they are shown for the M&P 45).

Are these like unicorn turds?  Do they even exist?
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 9:56:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a tan small backstrap and tan mag catch on my full size .40.  I just called S&W and they sent them to me no charge.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 10:18:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll try calling them - thanks!
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#3]
It's been several year's since I did it. But I think all I did was call and ask for some for my .40, and they said the .45 would work. Again,,,it's been awhile.I changed the mag release button too.  Here's what it looked like.

Link Posted: 1/1/2012 1:40:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's been several year's since I did it. But I think all I did was call and ask for some for my .40, and they said the .45 would work. Again,,,it's been awhile.I changed the mag release button too.  Here's what it looked like.

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr153/Col_Cotton_Hill/mymp063.jpg

I'll be damned... they *are* the same part number!  I never thought to compare the numbers, I just assumed they were different.

Thank you!!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:13:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I called yesterday and one is on the way for no charge.  Thanks, guys!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:15:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Speed Shooters Specialties sells the FDE grip panels.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:51:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I just tried emailing them. We'll see if that method works as well as calling them.

ben
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:27:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just tried emailing them. We'll see if that method works as well as calling them.

ben

I just got a new M&P Pro. It came with 2 small back straps, and no large,,,the one I need. So I've been trying to call them all week. No answer. So e-mailing them may be the only way. Good luck.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:59:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ben

I just got a new M&P Pro. It came with 2 small back straps, and no large,,,the one I need. So I've been trying to call them all week. No answer. So e-mailing them may be the only way. Good luck.

The rep I talked to said they were getting hammered this week because the factory was closed for two weeks over the holiday.  Try them next week after things get back to normal.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:26:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ben

The rep I talked to said they were getting hammered this week because the factory was closed for two weeks over the holiday.  Try them next week after things get back to normal.

I finally got a hold of them after a 1/2 hour hold on the phone. I have a large back strap on the way. What I thought was weird was they didn't even ask for my serial number or anything. The guy sounded really rushed. Oh well. As always,,,they took care of me.

Be sure to post some pic's of your gun when you get your FDE grip on there.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:54:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Speed Shooters Specialties sells the FDE grip panels.

Got mine from there.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:23:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I got a response to my email from them today. They are sending me the back straps I requested. They are on back order right now though, so they said they won't ship for probably 2-3 weeks. Gave me an order number so I could track it.

ben
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top