Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2011 7:48:59 AM EDT
This M&P Trigger Job link came from the sticky in top of this section. Has anyone taken on this and done it to their pistol and if so any problems along the way or advice to alleviate an irreversible screw up?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:02:38 AM EDT
[#1]

I've done 4 or 5 and they've all been wonderful

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:07:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I've done 4 or 5 and they've all been wonderful

Thanks for the input. Now the people have done this work has it been done to your carry guns or target guns? If ok it'll be going into my carry gun.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:20:53 AM EDT
[#3]
both

page 23 shows the surface back of the sear,  go slow and easy here, and keep trying it, until it gets as light as you are comfortable in a carry gun.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:36:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Great thank you for the input again. I'll give it a go in my FS first before I do my C. I wouldn't mind as much screwing up my FS as much as I would with my C. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Worst case scenario is you just have to buy a new sear... no big deal. I did this to my FS about a year ago and no issues. It's also my carry gun.

Also, every M&P owner I've let handle it, even those with Apex M&P's are very impressed with it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks complicated too me..still unsure about tryin'
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:05:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I did the DIY and I'd never tried anything like that before.  Came out very well, but it's easy to see how you could get too aggressive and screw it up.  Take your time, test fit as you go, and it should be OK.

Worse case you'd have to buy a new sear assembly which are not terribly expensive.

ETA:  I did NOT modify the back of the sear as I wanted to keep the same trigger weight.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:03:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll get cracking on it either tomorrow or Monday and see how it goes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top