Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2011 7:29:08 PM EDT
Just heard about the new Govornor, this should put the Judge out of buisness

I am not a big fan of .410 revolvers for self defense, But this would make an exelent trail gun. The only reason I have not purchased a Judge for this purpose is because I HATE Taurus Firearms.  This looks like a great alternative.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:34:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I might buy it for two reasons,

One:  screw taurus
Two: it shoots .45 acp which is what this will only be fed.  

Other than those two reasons which are not that compelling to begin with, I can't see owning it.

Oh wait, upon further review of the ad, is S&W seriously advertising the ability to "mix six"  really?  lol
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 11:31:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh hell, they caught the gay.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 3:24:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Let's see... Minute of house with .45lc.
Wonder how accurate the .45acp will be with that 8ft jump between the case and forcing cone....
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 3:30:26 PM EDT
[#4]
No reason to be negative about it, I also think that a .410 handgun for self/home defense is fuck-tarded. And I would not even consider it for CC.  but I spend alot of time on my tractor, mowing the 16 acres of property I tend to. I see alot of field rats and other vermin. For the last 5 years I have carried a 590 special police between the seat and the fender on the tractor and I think this would be a good alternative. I am NOT endorsing anyone to use such a thing for self defense. At the very least it takes money from Taurus's pocket, and that makes me happy.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 3:35:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I might buy it for two reasons,

One:  screw taurus
Two: it shoots .45 acp which is what this will only be fed.  

Other than those two reasons which are not that compelling to begin with, I can't see owning it.

Oh wait, upon further review of the ad, is S&W seriously advertising the ability to "mix six"  really?  lol

Talked to my local guy today about this gun, he looked at the ones at the SHOT show and we were talking about using the moon clips for the .45acp, If I'm not mistaken, he said it will come with a partial moon clip that holds either 2 or three rounds. So using that, you really could "mix six" I guess!
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:24:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

No reason to be negative about it, I also think that a .410 handgun for self/home defense is fuck-tarded. And I would not even consider it for CC.  but I spend alot of time on my tractor, mowing the 16 acres of property I tend to. I see alot of field rats and other vermin. For the last 5 years I have carried a 590 special police between the seat and the fender on the tractor and I think this would be a good alternative. I am NOT endorsing anyone to use such a thing for self defense. At the very least it takes money from Taurus's pocket, and that makes me happy.

All fair points, but I'm not getting that vibe from the advert.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:21:17 AM EDT
[#7]
This is true, and I think that Smith should have gotten on that boat a long time ago if they really wanted to screw Taurus

And I would have liked to have seen it with a 4-6" BBL and called the Trailman or something. Ditch the whole judge, jurry, and executioner bullshit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top