Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2010 12:09:52 PM EDT
Just got 3 of these in since they are fantastic on my Glocks, but the way they attach on my Glocks IMHO is much more secure.

I am having a tough time thinking these won't slide forward and cause problems.

Am I worrying too much or is this a legitimate concern?

Thanks,
Scott
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 1:21:26 PM EDT
[#1]
it is a concern,  happened to me once this past weekend at contagion 2010,  slid forward just enough to catch the round follower and compress the spring enough that all my rounds collapsed in the mag.  Think if you are going to do it use some superglue to hold them in place,  thats what i might do.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 4:01:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Well if anyone wants 3 of these things let me know
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 4:26:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
it is a concern,  happened to me once this past weekend at contagion 2010,  slid forward just enough to catch the round follower and compress the spring enough that all my rounds collapsed in the mag.  Think if you are going to do it use some superglue to hold them in place,  thats what i might do.

Question: Were you using just the extension or the extension plus extra power spring & L-bracket?
Tomac

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Question: Were you using just the extension or the extension plus extra power spring & L-bracket?
Tomac

I want to know this also. i've read several things about perceived problems with these extensions, but is seems that some people sell then with the L shaped piece. is that all that's needed to fix the problem?

these look interesting from Taylor Freelance not great pics on the site but they have a locking plate on the rear and come with a replacement spring.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 10:00:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I can tell you from my personal experience that i will only run the aredondos with 21 rounds.  when loaded to 22 or 23 the floor plate can and will work it's way forward and jam your follower.  Thats with the whole kit, including spring and L shaped insert.  

I've found that with 21 rounds the follower can't be pinched no matter how hard you press the floor plate forward.  Needless to say, I am still bummed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top