Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2004 5:57:16 AM EDT
I want to install a Crimson Trace LG-305 on my S&W 340PD but cannot tell how to get the original grip off. Can someone give me a hint to get me started? I see the new grip is held on by a screw, but there is no screw on the standard grip.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:08:48 PM EDT
[#1]
My 340PD came with a little plastic double wedge thingy that was made to remove the stock grips, which I also did to install CT LG305's.  When driven into the grip from the back (of the Hogue Bantom grips that came on the pistol) the two wedges fit on either side of the backstrap of the frame and as you press them into the grip the wedge effect spreads the grip from the frame.  It took me a couple of tries to get the grip off and I don't know if it will go back on or not, but the cushion on my hand is well worth the trade-off of a slightly longer grip.  I personally like the laser too........

If you don't have the removal tool, try calling S&W to see if they'll send you one.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 9:45:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you.
i just got the gun last night late and when I left for work I only took the gun and the grips. Once I got home and started looking at everything I noticed the wedgie piece and the MANUAL!!

I guess this is a real case if RTFM...  I like the extra length on the grip.

Thanks again for the help. Take care.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:07:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Enjoy what I consider to be the Holy Grail of light concealable handguns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top