Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2010 3:40:44 PM EDT
Good evening S&W owners. Forgive my ignorance but I'm a GLOCK guy, but have the opportunity to buy a M&P 45c in DE trim with the manual safety and need some info first. Tell me about this gun. Is it reliable? Accurate? Easy to take down? What is the recoil like? Can you work on these guns yourself, or does every little thing require a smith? I've been a GLOCK and 1911 guy for 20+ years and have lots of trigger and tinker time behind them. I love the way this M&P fits my hand and it seems it would be dream to carry, but I want to make sure I know what I'm getting into first and it would be something I could work on as far as changing parts, sights, etc. All input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:45:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Good evening S&W owners. Forgive my ignorance but I'm a GLOCK guy, but have the opportunity to buy a M&P 45c in DE trim with the manual safety and need some info first. Tell me about this gun. Is it reliable? Accurate? Easy to take down? What is the recoil like? Can you work on these guns yourself, or does every little thing require a smith? I've been a GLOCK and 1911 guy for 20+ years and have lots of trigger and tinker time behind them. I love the way this M&P fits my hand and it seems it would be dream to carry, but I want to make sure I know what I'm getting into first and it would be something I could work on as far as changing parts, sights, etc. All input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

M&P Forum

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:48:42 PM EDT
[#2]
buy it
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:56:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

buy it

This.

I was a Glock and 1911 guy too. Now I am in love with the M&P. I kinda like them more than my Glocks now.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:26:10 PM EDT
[#4]
i am a glock lover to bought a m&p 45 hated it so much i cared it back and never looked back
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:31:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the same handgun but with a fullsize barrel and it is a beast.  The thing runs like a rape ape and is easy to handle.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:58:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Good evening S&W owners. Forgive my ignorance but I'm a GLOCK guy, but have the opportunity to buy a M&P 45c in DE trim with the manual safety and need some info first. Tell me about this gun. Is it reliable? Yes. Accurate? Yes. Easy to take down? Yes. What is the recoil like? Tame. Can you work on these guns yourself, or does every little thing require a smith? You can work on them yourself. I've been a GLOCK and 1911 guy for 20+ years and have lots of trigger and tinker time behind them. I love the way this M&P fits my hand and it seems it would be dream to carry, but I want to make sure I know what I'm getting into first and it would be something I could work on as far as changing parts, sights, etc. All input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

M&P 45C is the perfect size for CCW IMO.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:15:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks

I have always considered my self a glock guy too, and I own several glocks - 26/27/19/23/31/21/20.  One day I was having gun-buying itching and I decided to buy a S&W M&P 9mm.  I liked it so much, that in less than two months, I also bought more – MP9C MP40 MP40C MP9 PRO. Next on the list is the MP45.  If you by some reason dislike the MP trigger, go for the APEX sear. It makes a HUGE difference.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:47:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Good deal. Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like I'll be giving it a try.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:38:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

i am a glock lover to bought a m&p 45 hated it so much i cared it back and never looked back

Um... what?

I've been carrying an M&P 45c for IWB and an M&P 45 fullsize with a Surefire light for OWB. They're great pistols that have replaced all of my other .45's (except my 1911's, those are staying no matter what).

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:46:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Engrish pwerese
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:41:44 AM EDT
[#11]
I used to be a Glock guy too until I bought a 45c. I love that gun, it has become my favorite off duty carry. I recently sold a G27 to fund for my newly purchased M&P FS 9mm. I've been contemplating on selling my G23 because I want the FS 45.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:52:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Same here, I sold my 4 Glocks last year and went with the M&P platform, the M&P 9 and M&P .45 and I have not
looked back.  I installed the APEX kit in both guns along with Novak/Hi-Viz sight systems and now have a super
reliable accurate platform.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top