Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2010 8:52:01 AM EDT
I've shot a buddy's PX4, and the main gripe I had with it... was the trigger. The trigger may work for a lot of people, but I found that the pull was way too long and a bit stiff.

I have been eyeing a Beretta 92 Inox, but haven't been able to shoot a 92fs yet. Any chance they have different triggers or do all Berettas generally share the same trigger?
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 9:29:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've shot a buddy's PX4, and the main gripe I had with it... was the trigger. The trigger may work for a lot of people, but I found that the pull was way too long and a bit stiff.

I have been eyeing a Beretta 92 Inox, but haven't been able to shoot a 92fs yet. Any chance they have different triggers or do all Berettas generally share the same trigger?

The 92 pull is long.  Swap out the F/G mainspring with the D mainspring and the DA pull gets smoothed out.  The SA pull is not bad, but there is overtravel and takeup.

How much trigger time do you have behind a traditional DA/SA pistol?
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 9:30:49 AM EDT
[#2]
the double action pull on my 92fs is rather heavy and long, but after the first shot the single action is nice and short. its my first and only pistol and i love it
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 6:21:56 PM EDT
[#3]
With just a few dollars worth of springs, one can make a 92FS trigger be reaaaaaaaaaaaaal nice. Don't let the shitty PX4 trigger scare you off an Inox, IOW.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 5:16:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
With just a few dollars worth of springs, one can make a 92FS trigger be reaaaaaaaaaaaaal nice. Don't let the shitty PX4 trigger scare you off an Inox, IOW.

+1
The "D" spring was the best thing I ever did to my 92FS.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 5:24:15 PM EDT
[#5]
is the "D" the only thing that i should change? id like to do this too. can someone give me a quick run down? thanks guys!
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 5:40:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
is the "D" the only thing that i should change? id like to do this too. can someone give me a quick run down? thanks guys!

That's all that I did to mine as far as springs go.  I just replaced the trigger spring with the "D" spring (the D spring is the trigger spring for DAO berettas).  It makes the double-action pull much softer.

ETA:  I think there is an upgrade to the trigger return spring as well, but I'm sure someone who knows more about it will chime in.

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 3:10:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Generally there's two springs: mainspring & trigger return spring. However, the trigger return spring unit by Wolf will only work in a metal trigger & NOT the newer polymer coated triggers on current models. Be sure you check yours before buying one!

If you do swap in a lighter mainspring, be sure to bump up the recoil spring by 2-3lbs to compensate for the lower resistance for the slide travel during recoil. Personally, *I* always add a spring 2-3lbs higher than factory spec in my 92's. The OEM spring is designed for a wide range of 9mm loads & I don't shoot the lighter stuff.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:46:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Generally there's two springs: mainspring & trigger return spring. However, the trigger return spring unit by Wolf will only work in a metal trigger & NOT the newer polymer coated triggers on current models. Be sure you check yours before buying one!

If you do swap in a lighter mainspring, be sure to bump up the recoil spring by 2-3lbs to compensate for the lower resistance for the slide travel during recoil. Personally, *I* always add a spring 2-3lbs higher than factory spec in my 92's. The OEM spring is designed for a wide range of 9mm loads & I don't shoot the lighter stuff.

Yup, metal trigger, Wolff coil trigger return spring, D mainspring and 16 lb recoil spring.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Great thread, thanks!

I just got a new 92FS myself and was wondering about what mods would make the trigger rebound/return better on SA. I picked up a metal trigger, metal guide rod, the XP wolff conversion kit and a extra power recoil spring. Is the mainspring "D" spring that everyone is referring to the same as the "hammer spring"?

Thanks a lot!

Lee
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 1:37:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Is the mainspring "D" spring that everyone is referring to the same as the "hammer spring"?

Hammer spring = mainspring, yes. There are multiple weights of the MS ranging from 13lbs up to something like 20lbs.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 5:08:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I polished the sear, the hammer, and hammer strut, as well as replacing the mainspring with the D-spring. Makes a huge difference
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top