Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2009 8:35:39 PM EDT
What kind of holster (specifically, name brand and model)
What type of ammo (specifically)
What condition do you carry? Fully loaded (9), cocked, thumb safety on?  Mag loaded with no round chambered? Mag loaded, round chambered, hammer down?
Link Posted: 11/11/2009 9:57:22 PM EDT
[#1]
pocket carry, mag safe ammo, no holster. Always one in the PIPE.... An empty pistol is similar to a rock.
Link Posted: 11/12/2009 12:46:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Is this a back up gun?
Link Posted: 11/12/2009 3:30:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
pocket carry, mag safe ammo, no holster. Always one in the PIPE.... An empty pistol is similar to a rock.

With the hammer cocked back and safety on?  Or with the hammer down?

Link Posted: 11/12/2009 3:32:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is this a back up gun?

Pretty much but occasionally may be used as primary for dog walks and such.
Link Posted: 11/13/2009 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#5]
cocked and safety on, keep it in jacket pocket make sure it is the only thing in the pocket. if you carry it in pants pocket use a pocket holster to keep it situated so it doesn't move around I have a cheap nylon pocket holster that works just fine.
Link Posted: 11/13/2009 8:17:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
cocked and safety on, keep it in jacket pocket make sure it is the only thing in the pocket. if you carry it in pants pocket use a pocket holster to keep it situated so it doesn't move around I have a cheap nylon pocket holster that works just fine.

You've got more bawlz than me b/c I don't think I could carry it cocked with the safety on, even if it was the only thing in my pocket.  The safety can easily be disengaged and it have a very light trigger pull.  But that's me - I'm sure you're careful enough.  But yeah, in a pocket holster I wouldn't be as concerned.

Link Posted: 11/13/2009 8:46:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I had one years ago that I used to carry in a wallet holster before they were outlawed. I know I had a round in the chamber but I don't remember if I carried it hammer down or safety on, I think hammer down on a live round due to being able to tip up the barrel an the issue of taking the safety off with the wallet holster. I did test fire a magazine through it while in the wallet holster and it worked 100%. Today I think you are hard pressed to pick one over a Kel-Tec P32.

ETA for ammo I carried ball. I think I bought a pack of Glasers (this was over a decade ago) and had one of them in the pipe but I know the magazine was filled with ball.
Link Posted: 11/14/2009 5:00:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I had one years ago that I used to carry in a wallet holster before they were outlawed. I know I had a round in the chamber but I don't remember if I carried it hammer down or safety on, I think hammer down on a live round due to being able to tip up the barrel an the issue of taking the safety off with the wallet holster. I did test fire a magazine through it while in the wallet holster and it worked 100%. Today I think you are hard pressed to pick one over a Kel-Tec P32.

ETA for ammo I carried ball. I think I bought a pack of Glasers (this was over a decade ago) and had one of them in the pipe but I know the magazine was filled with ball.

I think there are some legal wallet holsters now made that get around the law by leaving the slide exposed.  I know I've seen them for the KelTec but I don't know if I've seen them for the Beretta.

Link Posted: 11/14/2009 9:04:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What kind of holster (specifically, name brand and model)
What type of ammo (specifically)
What condition do you carry? Fully loaded (9), cocked, thumb safety on?  Mag loaded with no round chambered? Mag loaded, round chambered, hammer down?

pocket carry - see pocketholsters.com
yugo surplus (plain brown box) or fiochi or win white box
round chambered in barrel, mag loaded,1/2 cock, safety on. two step process to fire –– hammer back then safety off.

i am actually very surprised how accurate this gun is.  1 inch groups –– every time –– at 20 feet at a fairly rapid pace.
Link Posted: 11/14/2009 11:02:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
round chambered in barrel, mag loaded,1/2 cock, safety on. two step process to fire –– hammer back then safety off.
i am actually very surprised how accurate this gun is.  1 inch groups –– every time –– at 20 feet at a fairly rapid pace.

Why just half cock it?  WIll it not fire when only half cocked?  Either way, it's still a 2 step process, no?  Sorry if I'm minsunderstanding you or this gun.  I just got it and am trying to see how best it will fit into my carry scheme.

Link Posted: 11/15/2009 12:52:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why just half cock it?  WIll it not fire when only half cocked?  Either way, it's still a 2 step process, no?  Sorry if I'm minsunderstanding you or this gun.  I just got it and am trying to see how best it will fit into my carry scheme.

at 1/2 cock trigger does not pull. 1911 style manual safety is used as a back up safety in the event the gun gets dropped on the hammer causing it to strike pin to the primer.  during draw pull hammer back, upon target acquisition swipe safety free, fire.  its all sort of done in one motion. this is what i do. you can do what you please. i don't want a nd/ad so i follow this routine. i find no loss in speed during draw with this 2 step process.

fyi, the owners manual recommends carry with an empty chamber and no mag. that seems kind of silly.  the 1911 style safety is the difference between the 950 and 950bs.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 9:13:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I had an Inox 950bs (wish I hadn't sold it) for a while.  I sometimes carried it as a BUG fully loaded (9 rounds) with the hammer down.  I wasn't comfortable carrying it cocked and locked, and the slide was so small I didn't like the idea of condition 3.  I carried it with Hornday 35 grain XTPs.  If I was choosing ammo now I'd probably go with ball since it would penetrate more.

As for the P32 vs. the 950, I had both.  The 950 was very well put together, reliable, and accurate.  The P32 was accurate, but it felt cheap, and suffered from various problems due to its cheap nature.  I had basically universally bad luck with Kel-Tec (enough that I'll never buy another).  Of all the micro pistols I have tried, the only one that was 100% was the 950bs.  Given the choice between a P32 and a 950, it would be 950 hands down.  Now that it seems to be out of production, I've been toying with the idea of getting a Precision Small Arms Baby Browning clone.  I wouldn't carry it, but I miss having a little SA .25 for plinking.  I've heard good things about the PSA, and hey, we are supposed to buy 'em all.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top