Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2003 10:02:48 PM EDT
At a first glance, I though BUSA had finally made a great gun to fix the short comings of their previous models.
An all steel 9x series pistol without the over the top design of the Billenium. Frame mounted safety, able to be carried cocked and locked, no frame rail, Vertec grip (either is okay with me)
But then I saw it. That hack job for a billboard they put on the side of their gun. A huge stamped type face disclaimer across the entire side of the pistol.
Basically a huge warning sticker that cannot be removed. It says,
"          PATENTED
VERTEC STEEL  WARNING: RETRACT SLIDE TO SEE IF LOADED.
 FIRES WITHOUT MAGAZINE - READ MANUAL BEFORE USE"
On the regular models, this eye sore of a disclaimer is limited to the front right dust cover.
Another cute thing is the plastic guide rod on a "Steel Vertec."
You can witness this thing for yourself here:
www.berettaweb.com/92%20VERTEC%20STEEL/92%20Vertec%20Full%20Steel.htm
I could only read what it said from an issue of "Guns & Ammo."
Forward serrations kind of suck IMO too. They tear up holsters. Could live without. Probably would have prefered the 4.9" barrel too.
I'm thankful they didn't try to do checkering like they did on the Elite II and the SD.
I guess we should feel lucky not to get a plastic trigger.
-Steve
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top