Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2008 6:08:32 PM EDT
Anyone have any first hand experience with Mec-Gar's new 18 and 20 round magazine for the Beretta 92F?

Are they worth the money, or should I just buy factory or contract 15 rounders?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:05:30 PM EDT
[#1]
If your life may depend on it, get only factory Beretta, MDS (also OEM for Beretta mags), and Mec-Gar. If you're just in need of extra range mags, any will do.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:59:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyone have any first hand experience with Mec-Gar's new 18 and 20 round magazine for the Beretta 92F?

Are they worth the money, or should I just buy factory or contract 15 rounders?

MEC-GAR has the distinct honor of being the original equipment supplier for most of the world's Ieading firearms manufacturers. It has additionally been awarded numerous Law Enforcement, Miuitary and Government contracts throughout its history. Our greatest success was to be qualified as the officiai supplier of the Beretta M9/92F 15 round magazine for the U.S Army and of the SIG P220-A1-7 round for the Federal Agencies.

The 20rd Mec Gar magazine is a factory magazine for the Beretta CX4 Storm which will also fit the 92FS. The 18rd Mec Gar is like an upgrade magazine for the 92FS. I have about 4-5 18rd Mec Gars and never had one issue in some 1000rds sent down range. I don't have any dought about them or the 20rd CX4 storm magazines.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 11:26:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I have two 18-rounders.  The first was the phosphated, and it took a couple of loading cycles and about twenty rounds of slapping the magazine in and out of the pistol to break it in.  After that, I decided I needed another one and I wouldn't buy another factory magazine again.  I have ten, so I'm not turning my back on them, I just won't buy them again if the Mec-Gars are available.  I then purchased the anti-friction coating 18-rounder which is called Optimum now.  It took absolutely no break-in to work as well as my phosphated mag.  That is why only the Optimums are produced now.  Easy in and out, inside and out, that's what you pay for, that's what you get.  I tried unsuccessfully to trade two used factory mags for a single new or used Optimum or even phosphated.  Any takers now?  I would still do it, if anyone wants to call me on it.

They are the best Beretta 92 magazines on the market.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:14:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have two 18-rounders.  The first was the phosphated, and it took a couple of loading cycles and about twenty rounds of slapping the magazine in and out of the pistol to break it in.  After that, I decided I needed another one and I wouldn't buy another factory magazine again.  I have ten, so I'm not turning my back on them, I just won't buy them again if the Mec-Gars are available.  I then purchased the anti-friction coating 18-rounder which is called Optimum now.  It took absolutely no break-in to work as well as my phosphated mag.  That is why only the Optimums are produced now.  Easy in and out, inside and out, that's what you pay for, that's what you get.  I tried unsuccessfully to trade two used factory mags for a single new or used Optimum or even phosphated.  Any takers now?  I would still do it, if anyone wants to call me on it.

I'm surprised they took any break in at all.  I've got ten of the phosphated mags and they've worked greeat from load one.  The finish even matches my M9 pretty well.  If your're still looking for them, this is the cheapest I ever found them for.

http://www.dealerease.net/catalog/product.asp?ret_id=885434&pid=61093

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:22:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm using Mec-gar 18 rounders in my Sig 226 and my Beretta 92 both function flawlessly..
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm surprised they took any break in at all.  I've got ten of the phosphated mags and they've worked greeat from load one.  The finish even matches my M9 pretty well.  If your're still looking for them, this is the cheapest I ever found them for.

Nice find...

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:36:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

YOU ARE THE MAN!  Thanks!

The phosphated mag was only a bit tight to load the last round and to go into the pistol with the slide forward.  The anti-friction mag was smooth and easy from the start.  I have never had any problems shooting with either.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:47:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, Thanks, those are cheaper than I can get them from Midways with my "dealer discount"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top