Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2003 1:28:10 PM EDT
Please forgive the ignorance, but never been a big Beretta fan until now. A buddy of mine sold me his 92FS with night sites and a couple of mags for a good price. Took it out to the range today and was impressed. I think it was a good purchase but have a question about the DA trigger reset as I am more accustomed to Glocks and 1911's.

When you fire the 92 from the DA mode, it cocks the hammer, you fire, the slide comes back, cocks the hammer again, and the trigger is now in the SA mode. Understand all that. My problem is how do you get the trigger to go back into the DA mode? If you drop the safety all it does is drop the hammer back down against the slide, you then have to push the trigger forward with your finger. This doesn't seem normal or is it??
Everything else works great.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:23:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Pupp86,
When the trigger is in SA mode, reach up and thumb the decocker/safety on the receiver down, which lowers the hammer.  Then flip the decocker/safety back up and the 92 is ready to shoot again in DA mode.

Enjoy the Beretta; my 92FS is one of my favorite handguns.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:25:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Oops, I meant to write "thumb the decocker/safety on the SLIDE down."  Still enjoying that Duck win over the Beavers and not paying attention to my typing. [:\]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:35:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, but still doesn't move the trigger to the forward position. You have to manually move it. Seems I had to do this the same way on a Beretta .25 my wife used to have, but really can't remember.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 6:17:52 PM EDT
[#4]
That's odd- I think the decock should move the trigger forward.

I'm leaning to the fact that there's a malfunction here...

Link Posted: 11/22/2003 7:26:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Been a little since I fired a Beretta, but as I recall the pistol was reset into DA once I flipped the safety/decocker onto the safe position.  I would say have a gunsmith take a look at it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:14:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks all for the help. It was the trigger spring. It was not resting on top of the trigger bar post like it is supposed to. All works great now. For the record, there is a good site at www.geocities.com/Yosemite/6078/92f.htm for assembly and reassembly of the 92 series Beretta.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top