Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2003 9:17:23 PM EDT
Anybody got to play with this new gun or are they even selling it yet?
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 9:44:34 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976373031.htm

This it? Not played with one yet though.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 9:13:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats it! I'm a wanting one bad.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 5:57:53 PM EDT
[#3]
What is it? Decock only?
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 9:41:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Think so - I got a glock now but it's just too dangeres- no safty, no de-cock. ALL IT TAKES IS A NUDGE ON THE TRIG AND IT'S FIRED!
Ain"t that ready to go!
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 1:32:46 PM EDT
[#5]
The 'G' in the designator indicates that it is decock only.

More importantly though, this pistol is the best of all the different models.  Full size grip of the regular 92/96 series, heavier Brigadier slide, the light rail from the Vertec, and it's all in tactical black instead of having a bunch of shiny laser-engraved text and logos on the slide that just get scratched off anyway.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 8:02:20 PM EDT
[#6]
And removeable front and rear Tritium sites.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 10:54:36 PM EDT
[#7]
The night sights are trijicon rears. I would of prefered Novaks. Trijicons are okay, but if I'm going to pay, I'd prefer to buy the best.
This pistol is pricey, and built on the G config.
Decock only is safe since you're operating on the heavy DA first shot pull. Stock, a DA pull from Beretta can be anywhere from 9 lbs to 12.
I hate the 9x series slide mounted safety (frame mounted kind of guy.)
The light rail adds some more weight to the already plump 9x series. Some have found the balance to be wrong.
The brut. finish will be getting ate up on the barrel and key spots on the slide.
I'm not a fan of laser engraving, but I do love the Elite II series.
I just think th eprice is a little steep, I'm waiting to see some low end quotes.
I'd like for BUSA to produce smooth frame and slides so you could take them and have properly done checkering and serrations installed yourself by a compotent 'smith.  BUSA has let some hack jobs thru.
-Steve
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 3:44:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The brut. finish will be getting ate up on the barrel and key spots on the slide.

If "brut." is an abbreviation for "bruniton" then you should know that the barrel doesn't have any.  It is hard chromed on the inside and blued on the outside.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 12:29:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Hoplophile,
I ment cosmetic damage on the barrel from the slide hood (scrapes, scratches, cosmetic stuff ect.) Internally, it is fine. The "damage" is also done to the Stainless steel (external) barrels, but isn't as noticable.
The barrel is blued, not coated with bruniton? I didn't know that, thanks.

Real men don't complain about cosmetics though, those who do are questioned about their sexuality.
-Steve
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 7:18:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The "damage" is also done to the Stainless steel (external) barrels, but isn't as noticable.

True.

The barrel is blued, not coated with bruniton?
It's never made any sense to me, but that's what they do.  When Beretta first assembles them the barrel and frame are tight and the Bruniton is thick enough make them too tight to cycle by hand.  Each pistol is placed in a machine that cycles the slide to break it in which is why Berettas always have such ball-bearing-smooth actions.  I'm guessing that the geometry of the barrel to frame connection doesn't allow this to work, but I've heard of people having their barrel finished by Birdsong and it work fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top