Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2008 3:34:57 PM EDT
My father just gave me a NIB M9 as a graduation gift! I'm so excited to go shooting!

The store had both an 92fs and an M9 both priced at $525. I got the M9 because I remembered reading something on here that said the M9's were more in demand and generally more expensive then the 92.

did I make the right decision? was it a good price?
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 4:59:40 PM EDT
[#1]
apgamer, congratulations on your Beretta M-9. That is a nice graduation gift and I suspect you will be happy the Beretta. As far as price, $525 for a new M-9 seems to be a decent deal. Just clean it, lube it and have fun.
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 5:15:24 PM EDT
[#2]
My first handgun was a Beretta also - you will not be disappointed with the M9. That's also pretty good price for a new gun from a retailer. Right choice is a matter of opinion ... If you mean the right choice between Beretta and any other handgun, you made the best decision IMO.
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 5:23:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Congratulation's APGamer. You did good. I prefer my M9 to my 92FS. It feels better in the grip to me and I prefer the slimmer look for the dustcover.
They "should" be the same price though from a dealer as there cost and list are the same for a basic M9 in the cardboard box with the service branch emblems on it to a 92FS.

Don't think the 92FS is shotty though.
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 8:22:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
apgamer, congratulations on your Beretta M-9. That is a nice graduation gift and I suspect you will be happy the Beretta. As far as price, $525 for a new M-9 seems to be a decent deal. Just clean it, lube it and have fun.

Forgot to mention this: it would also be a good idea to check out the videos on disassembly and assembly from TexasGuy at the top of the Beretta forum. He does a good job showing the basics of take-down and reassembly. Have fun out at the range!
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:32:04 PM EDT
[#5]
My first was a inox vertec 96 (i have blocked the Taurus snub from my memory)
you will be very happy.

Stop thinking start shooting.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#6]
my 'first' handgun was an issued M9.  the day i left the .mil i bought my actual first handgun a 92fs.  you wouldn't have goen wrong with either, your gonna love it!
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 4:56:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

did I make the right decision? was it a good price?

The "right" gun is a subjective decision, IMO. Personally, *I* would've opted for the 92FS; and have, twice.    

Once one buys a gun, it's way past time to ponder right/wrong/good/bad, IMO. Once one buys a gun, it's time to ponder: where can I get more mags/ammo?    
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 5:14:02 PM EDT
[#8]
well, 500 rounds through it so far and not a single problem.
Link Posted: 8/7/2008 8:32:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That part sounds like a father son talk for sure!

I have an M9 and I am completely satisfied with the handgun.  Just remember one thing, rarity is usually because the guy who owns the shop only ordered 5 of one gun and 20 of the other.
Link Posted: 8/12/2008 8:19:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Your dad is A-OK in my book!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top