Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2003 9:41:06 AM EDT
  There is a lot of info out there on accurizing the 1911 but not much that I could find on the 92. I know the army utilizes the M9 for competition so I assume that the 92 can be tuned up also.  Does anyone know of any literature on this?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 10:27:02 AM EDT
[#1]
You might want to try www.deltaforce.com ....sometimes they have books about accurizing Berettas...

I found these links-

www.gandermountain.com/tabs/gunsmithing/

www.jarvis-custom.com/

www.dlask.com
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 11:12:52 AM EDT
[#2]
The Beretta factory does custom jobs as well.  

www.berettausa.com/product/product_proshop_main.htm

Also supposedly the USMC Marksman Unit have been using  Bar-Sto barrels since 1977, said by Bar-Sto.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 10:53:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a picky SOB when it comes to accuracy. I own H&Ks as well as a S&W 41 & 52 so I know accuracy.

Having said that, I cannot imagine my 92FS being capable of much better accuracy over the factory barrel.

One thing that did help a good bit was having a good trigger job done on it. Huge difference.

My .o2
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 12:18:23 AM EDT
[#4]
One stop shop for Beretta and Sig modifications.
www.langdontactical.com

Ernest did up my Beretta 92g Elite II last year. With the proper ammo it'll do under an inch at 50 feet all day long. It can outshoot me any day.
I have him install a Bar-sto 4.7" gunsmith fit barrel into it. He put in a new trigger with an over-travel stop. Smoothed the DA to 8 lbs. and the SA to 4 lbs. (I carry this gun so it's as low as I'll go.) He did up a bevel job on it and refinished the frame in black Teflon-S.
He put on Novak night sights, and put a Spur-less hammer on it.
For a race gun, you could put a longer ported barrel in it, go lower with the trigger pull weight, perhaps a fiber optic front sight.
Some offer to install the bushing like Jarvis, those look okay for race guns. I've seen frame to slide tightening done by Handgunner. Unknown of the extent of its effect (on accuracy AND reliability.)
You could also buy a Beretta 'Stock,' or one of the other long slide models.
I'm experienced no failures with the weapon since it's return and I trust it with my life every day.
-Steve
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 7:45:46 AM EDT
[#5]
In my quest to get some accuracy from my 92SF and being cheap, I found, in my case, the 124 grain GDHP by speer to be the magic pill, dead center all day long. Expensive tastes!
Now about my two fingered SA pull...

An older Beretta catalog lists a "competition conversion kit" that includes a counterweighted barrel, wooden ergonomic grips and sights, if you prefer doing it yourself.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 10:05:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I shoot competitvely on a military team and the focus of current military pistol competition is combat courses and they specify the beretta m9 unmodified,stock no parts replacement,nothing. even at that I ransom rested a rack of m9's and at 25 meters the WORST group was 1.75" for five rounds. I know the ANTU modifes 9mm for bullseye shooting but from what I know the process of making a m9 a 1" fifty yard grouper is alot like voodoo. I would like to see more bullseye matches required to use berettas-like it or not-it is the us service pistol
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 2:14:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
  There is a lot of info out there on accurizing the 1911 but not much that I could find on the 92. I know the army utilizes the M9 for competition so I assume that the 92 can be tuned up also.  Does anyone know of any literature on this?

Thanks

Check out www.coolguyguns.com/  Tony Kidd can install steel frame inserts to tighten the slide to frame fit as well as other things.  I believe he used to work for the AMTU.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top