Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2003 2:06:28 PM EDT
Please be on the lookout for a stolen Beretta M92SB full size pistol, Italian made, Serial # B72070Z.  It should be in Austin Texas or thereabouts.  Walnut grips.  Deep, lustrous Italian bluing.  No damage whatsoever.  I think this was probably girlfriend's freaky kid, I hope he hocked it and I can get it back, but I'm equally sure this asshole threw it in a creek somewhere.  Please be on the lookout.  Thanks campers.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:19:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear about the loss. Some preasure techniques could invoke a confession.
If that don't work, so does a fire axe.
-Steve
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 5:11:59 AM EDT
[#2]
check local pawn shops.they will buy it if he trys to sell it.besides that a good can of whooop ass is in order.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn that's too bad. How did the kid get his hands on the pistol?
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I SAW ONE ON AUCTION ARMS .COM UP FOR SELL WITH A PIC TONIGHT SAME GUN AND MADE THE SAME YEAR 1980 WITH WOOD GRIP PERFACT SHAPE YOU SHOULD CHECK IT OUT IT COULD AND SOUND TO MUCH LIKE WHAT YOU JUST DESCRIBED NEED TO GET THE SERIAL NUMBER SOME HOW I HOPE THIS HELPS WE GOT TO LOOK OUT FOR EACHOTHER GOOD LUCK
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#5]
MORE INFO HERE IS THE ITEM NUMBER AT AUCTION ARMS.COM ITEM #4589413 MAYBE THIS IS IT MAYBE  NOT ANYWAY TAKE A LOOK IT WON.T HURT
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 4:51:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, a report.  Turns out GF's kid did in fact take pistol, as well as a .357 mag. derringer I had in the same spot.  He's in a wheelchair, so I wasn't looking for him to be climbing up into a shelf area over head-high.  I'm 6 feet tall, so I surely thought this was safe for 2 reasons.  1, I was putting a roof over his head and food in his belly and 2, I was helping him to try to get a job and get hooked up with SSI and try to get him into a community college nearby.  He was forced by his parents to make a statement to the detectives, and they are looking hard at who has the pistol, it appears to be a gangster wannabe over in south Austin with a lengthy juvenile history.  Exactly the wrong type of asshole to have access to a full size combat pistol.  I'm thinking he traded it for something, who knows.  Probably dope.  Kicked his ass outta the house, reported guns stolen to the cops, detective called last night stated she'd referred case to "street response unit", which is, I think, a 4 dollar term for "the jump out boys".  I actually expect some action quite quickly.  I'll keep you posted.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 5:23:13 PM EDT
[#7]
BY THE WAY YOUR WELCOME ?????????????
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 6:39:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, MIQ1115 for the lead, i cked it out and it's not the same gun, mine had no recurved triggerguard, and like the manual in the photo shows, that's not an SB, that's an FS.  I appreciate the detective work however.  I just might suit up and come to the next shoot you guys have going at hill country.  thanks a bunch man.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 7:39:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
BY THE WAY YOUR WELCOME ?????????????

Whaddya want, a reward? And by the way, STOP YELLING (turn your caps lock off)!
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 11:07:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I told you good folks I'd get you an update, and here it is.  The Austin Police Department now know who stole the pistol, the person who last *had* the pistol, his address, telephone number, girlfriend's address and fone, everything.  

To date, not a blasted thing has happened.  

Nothing.  Nada.  Zip.  Zilch.  

With the exception of this posting and a few private conversations with fellow shooters, no response whatsoever has occurred.  

It appears to me that MIQ1115 has done more detective work on this missing pistol than the APD has done.  

I feel like a man camping on the prairie cursing the wind.  Foolish.  The real problem here is that the APD is sitting on their collective duffs and doing nothing to get a very deadly article out of the hands of a very stupid and dangerous person.  It's now been over a month since this item was missing, and apparently the APD is waiting for someone to get killed or maimed before action is taken.  

I work in the legal field, and am dismayed and ashamed that while you can get arrested for having 2 beers and driving home from work, said arrest resulting in a conviction, probation or jail time, suspension of driver license and other nasty criminal and civil penalties, the fact the same police department absolutely ignores that a very deadly, reliable weapon is literally in the hands of an insane, aggressive gangster is of no concern to them until the shooting starts and innocents start bleeding.  

If anyone out there is a cop, and can give me some insight on the "why" of this lack of action, please respond and let me know what I can expect.  I want to believe in the system.   I really do.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 9:58:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Simple, the cops have NO PROOF on who had/has the gun. All they have is someone's word for it, easily denied by other parties.

I would be tempted to get a ball bat & do a little "investigation" on my own if this happened to me. Thieves piss me the hell off!!!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 11:24:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I think you need some 'old school' anger management. That coming from the barrel of a gun.
Or, ask how he'd like to get some more social security after you turn him into a paraplegic.

Heed my advice, friends don't let friends date women with kids. There is no way they're that hot to make up for that boat anchor around your neck.
-Steve
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top