Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2006 6:51:33 PM EDT
Every time I go to the range I'm so impressed by my M9.  It shoots like a dream for me and has never so much as had the slightest hiccup in over 2k rounds.  I've found that I love the ergonomics and don't think it's too big.  It carries nicely for me as well.  I now consider it THE perfect handgun.

I don't know what happened.  I just fell in love with the darn thing.  I mean... damn, it's got to be one of the least expensive firearms I own too.

Early next year an M9A1 will be part of my stable to keep it company .
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 6:53:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I noticed on my recently purchased M9, that the trigger is plastic and the left side selector seems to be as well.

Any idea about this?

But I'm with you, the M9 kicks ass!  And is damn accurate too!  
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 6:56:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I have bought and traded away several 92Fs's over the years.  I was never too impressed with the way they shot until I bought the last one, a Centurion.  It's somehow magically "better" than the last three and has become my favorite pistol.  It's amazing how four pistols of the same make and model can each have their own "personality".
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 7:18:27 PM EDT
[#3]
My PX4 Storm in 9mm has also become my MOST RILIABLE pistol I own.

Every other handgun I own either has/had a few hangups, something that isnt bad, fixed now. But, the Beretta
out of the box riliability is nothing to be mess with.

If all Berettas are the same as my PX4, I will buy more of them.
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 7:23:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Good to hear.  I purchased my first 92fs this week.
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 7:34:30 PM EDT
[#5]
How did it happen? It's just nature taking it's course.
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 7:38:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Every time I go to the range I'm so impressed by my M9.  It shoots like a dream for me and has never so much as had the slightest hiccup in over 2k rounds.  I've found that I love the ergonomics and don't think it's too big.  It carries nicely for me as well.  I now consider it THE perfect handgun.

I don't know what happened.  I just fell in love with the darn thing.  I mean... damn, it's got to be one of the least expensive firearms I own too.

what was your go to gun before?  I get my M9 next wednesday!
Link Posted: 12/22/2006 6:21:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what was your go to gun before?  I get my M9 next wednesday!

My custom Wilson 1911 .

It still is my favorite gun... sometimes .  It's slightly more accurate, but not by much.  The Beretta and it seem to be tied for first though.  I love them both.  But lately I've been carrying the Beretta exclusively...
Link Posted: 12/22/2006 8:39:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I agree with you its the perfect size for me to hold and fires like a dream.  But I can't carry it sadly, I don't know if its just my clothes my holster or what but I can't pull it off.  So I haven't got my CHL to carry it.  I'm happy to see someone else happy with their M9.  It was my first handgun purchase and it was well worth it.

-Martin
Link Posted: 12/22/2006 3:59:14 PM EDT
[#9]
How are you carrying?  IWB?  Brand of holster?  I'm 6'0 and over 250 and it still seems a little big to me (92FS).
Link Posted: 12/22/2006 4:51:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
How are you carrying?  IWB?  Brand of holster?  I'm 6'0 and over 250 and it still seems a little big to me (92FS).

Cheap uncle mike's nylon holster.  Works PERFECT for me just behind the hip.  I'm 180, 6'1" with an athletic build.  With a tight waist and broad shoulders I can hide just about anything though....  not to brag, I'm just saying that I don't have much trouble.
Link Posted: 12/22/2006 5:26:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/23/2006 6:55:06 AM EDT
[#12]
I feel your pain wilson.  I just bought my kimber as you know, and that'll probably be my favorite.  But dang if the M9 just aint plain good.  Right now, it's what I take in my backpack with me all the time.

Hardshell gave me a good idea though.  I'd like to get that rail you can snap on and get a light for it and keep it in the bedroom.  But I gotta get my wife out there to learn how to shoot.  She's starting to say things here and there like, "is that the one that would be for me?"  So there is hope.  In case of a break in, I could grab mine and she could grab the kids and the beretta, the cell phone and hole up.
Link Posted: 12/23/2006 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/23/2006 2:02:27 PM EDT
[#14]
height=8
Quoted:
Early next year an M9A1 will be part of my stable to keep it company Please fill me in on the difference between the M9 and the M9A1
Link Posted: 12/23/2006 2:05:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please fill me in on the difference between the M9 and the M9A1

The main difference is the light rail on the A1.  Also the checkering on the grips is different.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2006 5:58:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... Hardshell gave me a good idea though.  I'd like to get that rail you can snap on and get a light for it and keep it in the bedroom...

Two of the three aforementioned M92s in our bedside safe have an add-on rail (mine were made by Streamlight) like you are talking about, with M3 lights on them.  These two are my NP3-finished Berettas (PD contract guns), and they also have nightsights and CT Lasergrips.  (The third is my Dad's issued GO's-model M9 and is there for safe-keeping and, worst case, a "back-up to the back-ups." )

i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/HardShell/RWB%20-%20General%20Firearm-Related/DSC00631.jpg

Saweeeeeet.
Link Posted: 12/23/2006 7:47:12 PM EDT
[#17]

I'd like to get that rail you can snap on and get a light for it and keep it in the bedroom.

I put the Surefire X200B on my 92FS w/ CT Lasergrips. The MR11 mounting rail fits everything nice and firm.  Seeing that red laser pierce the flood of light in a darkened bedroom is very reassuring. A 20-rnd mag loaded w/ COR-BON JHP's helps too.
Link Posted: 12/24/2006 2:43:18 AM EDT
[#18]
This is why its your go to gun.

Edit: Fixed the pictures
Link Posted: 12/24/2006 4:37:16 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
This is why its your go to gun.

img204.imageshack.us/img204/4142/dsc02147qe3.jpg

img204.imageshack.us/img204/7355/dsc02140wh1.jpg

Because "Image does not exist"??
Link Posted: 12/24/2006 6:22:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please fill me in on the difference between the M9 and the M9A1

The main difference is the light rail on the A1.  Also the checkering on the grips is different.  

What is this M9A1 that you speak of?

Get the M9A1 Man... you won't have a single regret. Except maybe that you wish you had more of em.

Nathan
Link Posted: 12/26/2006 10:17:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Comp-Tac CTAC IWB for me.

I'm 6'1", 160 lbs, and it works great for me and my 92FS.
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Have owned my 92 since 1988.  Thousands of rounds.  Zero, repeat, zero malfunctions.  Still one of the more accurate 9mm's in my safe.  Only repairs have been new springs and I don't really consider that repairs.

Has lasted longer than one marriage, two dogs, three cars, and four jobs.
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 9:56:13 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I noticed on my recently purchased M9, that the trigger is plastic and the left side selector seems to be as well.

Any idea about this?

The trigger is plastic, the selector is not, it just has a generous coat of finish on it.  Doesn't matter- i've NEVER heard of a plastic trigger on a beretta failing, same with the guide rod (also plastic)
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 3:42:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any idea about this?

The trigger is plastic, the selector is not, it just has a generous coat of finish on it.  Doesn't matter- i've NEVER heard of a plastic trigger on a beretta failing, same with the guide rod (also plastic)

I have read that the guide rod being plastic is from a request from Uncle Sam. I can't give the exact quote but it was about debris being able to fall into the groves and not bind the spring.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 4:40:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any idea about this?

I have read that the guide rod being plastic is from a request from Uncle Sam. I can't give the exact quote but it was about debris being able to fall into the groves and not bind the spring.

I also heard the same thing, I heard the plastic trigger (which still has a steel core) wont bind as bad when sand is present.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top