Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/11/2001 1:50:53 PM EDT
Up till now I've avoided locking up my 92FS.  However, with the holidays coming up there may be some situations where I'll need to make sure it's secured.  Does storing the 92 with the slide locked back (to allow for the wire-lock) harm the recoil spring?  Or what about if you get the lock through then let it close onto the lock?

Or is this just not a big deal, and I shouldn't worry about the spring so much?

Viper Out
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 4:55:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope not since Beretta now includes one with every pistol it sells.

BKVIC
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 5:04:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I hope not since Beretta now includes one with every pistol it sells.

Yeah... that's where I got mine.  I guess I can trust them to know how to lock up their own product. And if they don't then they'd be fairly responsible for sending me a new spring...

Viper Out
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 2:51:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I think you are best off to let the slide rest on the cable as opposed to keeping the slide locked back.  The less compression on the spring the better.  I don't think it's ever a good idea to store a pistol with the slide locked back as it may accidentally slam shut when you least expect it and that can't do the pistol any good.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 6:46:59 AM EDT
[#4]
If I lock mine up, I use a trigger lock. I was worried about keeping the slide locked back, with the trigger lock it dosen't matter.

If you're only going to use the cable for a day or 2, I don't think there would be a problem. I just don't know about long term storage.

Av.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top