Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2006 5:43:39 AM EDT
For discussion (don’t move this to EE):

Does anyone here know where to find Beretta frames (aka lowers) either stripped or complete?

For me, it would be nice to have a few frame options for all my slides (aka uppers).  92G-SD or vertec for example.

What’s the deal on any legal issues in “parting them out”?  The slides aren’t serial #ed, just the frame.  As long as it transfers following all rules of a complete handgun it shouldn't be an issue right?

Anyway, thought you all might have a good angle on this.

P.S. If anyone has a spare 92G-SD frame lying around, I'll take it!
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:16:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't believe I've ever seen any Beretta 9x frames out there.

Beretta USA isn't selling just the frames.

I think you best bet would be to buy a used full gun with the frame you want.

Then sell off the slide/barrel.

I've seen slide/barrel combos available for sale.

Check out www.berettaforum.net for more Beretta specific knowledge and parts.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 8:24:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Highly unlikely you'll ever find one.  I know of no handgun mfrs that sell just the frame, other than the assorted 1911's.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 8:35:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Glock is a minor exception to that.

Glockmeister has been selling Glock frames, uppers, etc.

I believe he's on vacation (deployment) for several months now and is only selling the basic stuff at this time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top