Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2006 6:14:14 PM EDT
I'm trying to get some feedback on the Beretta 9000s.  I have heard a lot of non-Beretta owners complain about this weapon.  I want to get a .40 cal 9000s for my new carry weapon since I love the way it feels in my hand.  It is very compact and fired very well at the range when I shot the one they had for sale.  I would still buy a new one but I need some feedback first.

One things for sure, the people at Beretta are assholes but they have awesome quality in there weaponry.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:16:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I found the trigger pull to be too long for the grip shape but that was me.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:24:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I own a 9000s .40 S&W and found to be very accurate even for having a short barrel. I have shot at the range many times and every one seems to be impressed by it. It has never malfunctioned on me in over 500 rounds.  Its also very small and compact design, and would make a good CCW. Even though the Beretta guys are gonna hate me for this I actually prefer my 9000s to a model 96.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:15:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I love my Beretta 96.  When I first shot the 9000s I like that it had the same Beretta feel in a much more compact model.  I will only buy a new .40 SW, but when I shot the 9mm there was no recoil whatsoever.  I could fire off 3-4 shots quickly and still shoot within a few inches. I'm glad to hear you like it so much, RogueSpear.  I have heard a lot of complaining about the safety lever being very stiff at first.  Did you ever notice this?  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:43:11 PM EDT
[#4]
When I bought mine the safety lever was fine. The only thing that it is some what difficult to drop the hammer after chambering a round. But other than that I have no problems with it. Although it is interesting the you can leave the hammer cocked while the safety is on similiar to a 1911 although I can't figure out why you would want to do this. Other than it would be single action all the time instead of DO first round. I agree, I would never buy a 9mm in any firearm. I shot 9mm a lot in college and don't feel it has as much knock down as a .40 S&W.(but that's just my opinion)
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:48:18 AM EDT
[#5]
The 9000S can't be compared to Beretta Full-Size models. It serves its purpose as a small and lightweight daily carry weapon. I owned a 40 S&W model, it was my first carry gun and I put a lot of rounds through it at the range. It seemed like a very accurate gun and I didn't have many complaints.

My Father-in-Law owns the 9000S in 9MM (it's almost one year old now) and the weapon has developed accuracy issues. Even if this is isolated I would opt for the 9000S in .40 if you can.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:02:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Well actually I can compare it to a full size if I want. I also have a Px4 Storm in .40 S&W as well. But then again every beretta I've ever owned has been accurate and reliable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top