Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 10:43:21 AM EDT
You probably don't believe it but here it is, and I have a witness (prone / supported of course):

It was a lucky shot though because 12 out of the 15 I shot we're directly under the target in the cardboard.  The group wasn't too bad though, but it appears it drops about a foot and a half at that range because I was aiming for his head.   He he he he  WWB 115 fmj

But I can say that's the first time I've ever done that.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:49:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice shot!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:06:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Nice shot!

Thanks man, I should put this in GD and see what kind of sh--storm it creates.  He he he he, just kidding.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:38:07 PM EDT
[#3]
My brother hit a target like that from 175 yards with his GLOCK 33, 357 SIG.  He emptied the magazine and hit it like 3 or 4 times.  He said he was aiming at the top of the target, which was about 2'x2'.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:46:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My brother hit a target like that from 175 yards with his GLOCK 33, 357 SIG.  He emptied the magazine and hit it like 3 or 4 times.  He said he was aiming at the top of the target, which was about 2'x2'.

I believe it.  Plus I think that round has a little less drop due to velocity.  Not sure though.  Nobody publishes data that far out for a pistol.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:08:41 AM EDT
[#5]
ya... post that in GD. everyone will bitch and moan, because as we all know, a 1911 is the ONLY accurate pistol on earth, and the rest are just combat pistols designed for inside 25 yards and couldnt hit shit beyond that
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:11:17 AM EDT
[#6]
And you didn't post a pic of the gun to go with it??  Shame on you!    

Nice shot.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice shot. I like to try shit like that myself. Everytime I go to the range, if I'm the only one on our lower rifle range, I'll shoot a  mag at my 100yd targets. I have yet to hit the target with my 45, but I've gotten pretty good at hitting it with my 228 9mm. When I say hit, I mean two or three rounds, center mass, out of a 15 round mag. I have a spot above the target I can aim at, and get the drop pretty close,  windage is the killer. It's fun, and good to know, if you had to, you could hit a zombie that far out.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:41:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
And you didn't post a pic of the gun to go with it??  Shame on you!    

Nice shot.

check out page 6 of the beretta picture thread.  It hasn't changed except now it has about 1000 rounds through it
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:42:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Nice shot. I like to try shit like that myself. Everytime I go to the range, if I'm the only one on our lower rifle range, I'll shoot a  mag at my 100yd targets. I have yet to hit the target with my 45, but I've gotten pretty good at hitting it with my 228 9mm. When I say hit, I mean two or three rounds, center mass, out of a 15 round mag. I have a spot above the target I can aim at, and get the drop pretty close,  windage is the killer. It's fun, and good to know, if you had to, you could hit a zombie that far out.

When we shoot at stuff sitting on the 100 yard berm, it doesn't seem like we need to hold over at all.  I'll have to try it with some targets to get more anal about how much it drops at 100.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:15:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Ive shot my 96 Brig at 100 yards and have had decent enough accuracy.  I usually just cover the target with my sites when shooting from 3-50 yards, but go to a six o' clock hold when I go to 100.  Seems to help make up for the bullet drop.  My buddy and I routinely shoot balloons at 50yards and make games, but usually just end up wagering money on how many we can hit.  Its a blast.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top