Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 3:21:46 PM EDT
I just picked-up a nice 92F. It wears hogue grips that I would like to switch back to factory grips. I looked at the BerettaUSA website and it states that the two grip styles are not interchangeable. I was under the impression that the only difference between the two handguns is in the slide. So, why are the grips different? Can I order some 92fs grips off ebay? Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:13:32 PM EDT
[#2]
directly related...Beretta Centurion grips are different from non Beretta Centurion grips.

non-Centurion grips  on left, Centurion grips on right, note the Centurion grip has a cut out semi circle in upper left hand corner...

Also fwiw, I've found 92 and 96F grips identical as long as they're both Centurion or non-Centurion models

Pic below is 92FS Centurion  on left and 96F Centurion on right...

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info ikor and assaultrider. Nice pics!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:14:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Back the truck up!!  The 92F/FS/Centurian and 96F/FS/Centurian grips all interchange.  I own a 92FS, a 96FS, and a 96G Centurian and I have switched them all between the 3 pistols. All new 92/96 grips have the circle cut out. I run 2 pairs of CT lasergrips and a set of non fingergrip Houge grips between the 3 and all interchange. The only grips that dont interchage are the strait backstrap syle as found on the Vertec and some of the special purpose pistols such as the Stock or SD.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top