Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 2:25:46 PM EDT
I'm looking to by a my first pistol and was wondering what the Dif was between a 92 F and a 92 FS
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:32:21 PM EDT
[#1]
The FS has the slots cut into the inside of the nottom of the slide to prevent it hitting the shooter in the face in the rare event of the slide breaking.

There's a gazillion to one chance of this ever happening to a civilian shooter who hasn't won a powerball lottery. The only reason Beretta did it was because of the Navy SEALS using +P NATO ammo & literally shooting the guns apart.

Aside from that, the guns are the same.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:35:50 PM EDT
[#2]
alright Thank You. i saw one at a local gun shop for $500 used is this a good deal there was also a 92 FS used for $600
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:50:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I think that's a bit high on both pistols.

New in the box in the retail gunshops around here go for the low $500's.

I haven't seen too much of a price difference around here between an "F" and an "FS".  Maybe $25-50 tops.

Used 92's around here go for $400-425 or so.  Obviously it has alot to do with condition, etc.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:31:42 PM EDT
[#4]
alright  thatnk you for all your help everybody
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top