Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2006 2:18:03 PM EDT
right now I am looking for a new pistol. Magazine prices are a factor, I want to get a brigadeer how much do the 15rd mags usually cost?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:26:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Italian made mags can be had for $15-20 each, top quality.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#2]
beretta mags are some of the cheapest to be had becuse the pistol is so common.  all model 92's will take the same mags, so you can get USGI ones, factory ones, aftermarket ones, ect

$20 is about the high price for them, and they can usually be had for less, especially the el cheapo range mags
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:14:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

No offense, can someone post a link for these $15-$20 mags?  I'm a 92 newb, but CDNN is the  cheapest source I have found and they are at ~$23.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:18:28 PM EDT
[#4]
you can get Promag mags from Tapco.  they're kinda junky, but are fine for the range, and they make 30rd ones, so that's always fun
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:23:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No offense, can someone post a link for these $15-$20 mags?  I'm a 92 newb, but CDNN is the  cheapest source I have found and they are at ~$23.

To find factory mags for less than $20 is very unusual and if anyone is finding them for less than that then they need to be a good guy and post the link instead of just talking about it. CDNN, Midway, and Brownells are your standard pricers for quality mags and any mags that you  would find for 15 bucks are pretty much junk like USA's or TripleK's.
If you want spend your money wisely and spend the money once on quality good running mags then stick to MDS's which are Beretta factory magazines and sold by CDNN for 19.99 or MecGar's which are the same quality if not better and factory magazine manufacturer's for many of the large gun makers like Sig. Some people have had good experience with Promag's and some have not, but trying them to save a buck is your choice, MDS's(factory) or MecGar's are a sound choice.

Midway

CDNN new factory MDS's for 19.99
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:03:08 AM EDT
[#6]
KY Imports

Used GOVT/LEO only mags only $19.99.  Since the ban in no more, you can get these now.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:20:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

To find factory mags for less than $20 is very unusual and if anyone is finding them for less than that then they need to be a good guy and post the link instead of just talking about it.

Buy the eye-talian mags all day long for $15/18 or so at Benton Shooters Supply, Benton, TN. I bought mine last year, can't rememeber the exact price. CRS & all that. Hard to post a web site that doesn't exist, no?

Gun shows are another non-existant web site that I've bought eye-talian mags at.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:45:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To find factory mags for less than $20 is very unusual and if anyone is finding them for less than that then they need to be a good guy and post the link instead of just talking about it.

Buy the eye-talian mags all day long for $15/18 or so at Benton Shooters Supply, Benton, TN. I bought mine last year, can't rememeber the exact price. CRS & all that. Hard to post a web site that doesn't exist, no?

Gun shows are another non-existant web site that I've bought eye-talian mags at.

I'm sure you mean well Bob and no offense, but how do the prices of mags that a local gun store by you and a store that has no website help anyone else here on the web............unless, and I do mean unless they happen to live close enough to go to them. My local stores actually sell Beretta MDS 15's for an average of 23.99 or more, and someone at the gunshow may sell you an actual MDS mag for around 20, but that's a used mag price and not new. The places that we can all buy from regardless of where your at like Midway, Brownell's or CDNN are pretty much standard price setters and most of the time have the best prices and service. Thanks though.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:08:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'm sure you mean well Bob and no offense, but how do the prices of mags that a local gun store by you and a store that has no website help anyone else here on the web............unless, and I do mean unless they happen to live close enough to go to them. My local stores actually sell Beretta MDS 15's for an average of 23.99 or more, and someone at the gunshow may sell you an actual MDS mag for around 20, but that's a used mag price and not new.

Just showing examples, sir. I cannot believe every gun store except for 2-3 are screwing their customers on mag prices?????

Not to mention there's a shitload of web stores for Beretta mags out there. Just a casual glance thru Shotgun News or Gun List provides a dozen or so, IMO.

And yes, I realize sometimes the prices in ads are not always accurate, i.e. "we're out of those mags at that price", etc. But it can't be hard if *I've* done it!  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:03:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Jeeze, just look thru the EE here and the classifieds on Berettaforums.com, you can find new and used 15 rd factory mags for under $20 all the time.    
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:06:38 AM EDT
[#11]
If you are worried about finding mags the 92 is one of the best pistols out there. The only other ones that realy have the same availability would I think be Sig 226, 1911, G17, Ruger.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:47:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Stick with Beretta factory, MDS (a division of Beretta), and MecGar magazines.  You'll be fine.

The aftermarket mags should be avoided.

Be very wary of Checkmate mags, reports from the sandbox say they have issues; and, .gov has gone to a different vendor for mags.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:28:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Be very wary of Checkmate mags, reports from the sandbox say they have issues; and, .gov has gone to a different vendor for mags.

While true, I have several. I use them for IDPA/IPSC, etc. & have never had any issues with them. Of course, TN ain't filled with sand, either.    
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:01:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Some of our Checkmate mags worked fine in Iraq and others caused problems.  I find if you get NIW Checkmates and clean the springs, followers and inside the mag body most will function well.  Those that dont will usually require some polishing work with steel wool or sandpaper on the follower and inside the mag body and a new Wolfe spring to become 100%.  As far as cheep mags, there were at least 5 threads in the EE with new or like new USGI or Berretta OEM for under $20.  There was one guy who had Checkmates for something like $8 each if you bought a large quantity.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:23:02 PM EDT
[#15]
21.01 apiece for Mec Gar 17 rounders

this is what i carry
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:08:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I've purchased brand new factory mags for just $20. a piece at the local gun show.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:15:59 PM EDT
[#17]
I got some of the MDS mags.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:33:12 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Why do people start and repeat these rumors? Christ.

The ".gov" is still using Checkmate-produced magazines. The issue was never with the magazine itself, but with the surface finish which was porous and trapped sand resulting in the follower binding in the magazine body. Checkmate has switched to a smooth polished finish like the "factory" Berettas.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:49:32 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a "mea culpa" to write.

While at Benton Shooters this weekend, they quoted me $38.95 per Beretta mag!!!!!!

WTF?????????????    
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:38:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I have a "mea culpa" to write.

While at Benton Shooters this weekend, they quoted me $38.95 per Beretta mag!!!!!!

WTF?????????????    

Sportsmans Warehouse quoted me similiar early last summer.  They usually have very competitive pricing for just about everything but this I just couldn't understand.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:19:11 AM EDT
[#21]
As mentioned above.  Get MDS or Mecgar mags(both in the $20-30 for 15rders). Dont bother with that checkmate shit.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:03:10 PM EDT
[#22]
You can find slightly used ones around here for around 10.00 USGI LEO  marked ones, new ones for about 17.00-20.00.  Knob Creek MG shoot i"ve seen new USGI LEO marked go for 15.00ea.But as mentioned above KY Imports is a very good source for them.

Danny
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:29:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Sportsman's guide has factory 92 mags for just under $23.  www.sportsmansguide.com
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:50:32 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.buylci.com/
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:43:18 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

.GOV mags $9.45

Uh, yeah. Check your link, dude.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:46:08 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
you can get Promag mags from Tapco.  they're kinda junky, but are fine for the range, and they make 30rd ones, so that's always fun

Screw that! Why have so so mags when you can have good ones. I don't understand the range mag mentality.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top