Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 12:17:58 PM EDT
supposidly, its built on either a 92 or 96 frame with a .40sw-size slide (to accomidate the integral suppressor) but chambered for the 9mm

its bbl is integrally suppressed (like the MP5SD varient) and supposidly the same/very close to the size of the regular 92/96 models--not like the huge external screw on cans for the threaded bbl 92s

i keep hearing this from a buddy of mine, but i am skeptical

so does such a thing exist?

i dont think that its factory made, so what custom shop?

he also said that it should cost less than a grand for anyone to own....
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:14:44 PM EDT
[#1]
With that small of a diameter over a regular barrel, I can't imagine the suppression level would be that great.

Never seen it....but someone trying that wouldn't surprise me.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:32:48 PM EDT
[#2]
tell you buddy to cough up the info.  sounds like crap to me.  So does he also say he can make an AR full auto by filing the firing pin?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:50:28 PM EDT
[#3]
thats what i thought--i tried yahoo/google and i got the regular KAC/AAC suppressors

only integerals i saw were the old .22lrs

next time i see him, i'm going to ask where he saw this and more info....
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:55:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Physically impossible on a 92, IMO.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#5]

even with a 40SW slide shooting a 9mm bbl, the difference is negligible.  No way you could shoehorn any kind of a supressor in it.  If you look at the MP5SD, you will see that even though it is internally supressed, there is a LOT more beef around the barrel, and I dont mean a 2mm difference in beef either.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:35:04 AM EDT
[#6]
thats what i was seeing...any comercial effective supressor i have seen has never been anywhere the same diameter as the standard bbl

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:03:09 PM EDT
[#7]

i keep hearing this from a buddy of mine

one word

GULLIBLE
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#8]
you guys hear the one about the AR that they modified to be a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range?  It was all internal components, so you couldnt tell from the outside that it wasnt a regular AR  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:47:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Been watching Terminator too many times.  Hell, mine's in the 50 watt range.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:52:12 PM EDT
[#10]
he showed me a link, but it was to some chicom idea pistol on world.guns

i told him thats not a beretta....havent heard back yet

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top