Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2006 5:12:40 PM EDT
I had an Italian-made 92FS many years ago, but had to sell (and my other guns) it to pay for my divorse.  I have always missed this pistol and was very impressed by it's accuracy, fit and finish.

I think it's time to replace it with a new FS, but I have a dilemma...should I hold out for an Italian one?  Are they a better pistol or just more collectible?  I am interested in quality, not collectibility.

Are the Italian ones better???
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:01:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:04:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, my Beretta is made in Gardone Valtrompia and my M4 in Hartford .... I would find disturbing a Beretta made in US and a M4 in Italy Ciao
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:46:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Absolutely no difference at all. I've laid them both side-by-side & you cannot tell the difference at all.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:38:53 AM EDT
[#4]
The Italian and older American made guns are all either alloy and steel, where the new American made ones are steel, alloy, and plastic.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:56:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Italian tend to be smoother, but the Beretta design is still so damned good that even the US made Berettas are smooth as hell.  I wouldn't worry about it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:07:04 PM EDT
[#6]
My stainless one made in the states is all metal and as smooth as any other 92 I have ever held or shot.  However to each his own. I like stuff made in the States so I am happy.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top