Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2006 6:08:46 AM EDT
Just wanted to know if anyone has the Olive Green 92FS. I found one online and I like the looks, but I just bought a standard 92 not too long ago and don't know if I really want to own two of them. Also, does anyone use National Magazines in their 92. Wondering if they are reliable.
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:35:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I have seen a few OD 92s - saw a used one on Sat in Houston, in fact.

As for mags - TRSUT me on this - stick w/ either factory magazines or mec gar magzines (they make or have made factory mags for Beretta in the past - so they will will work well too). All other mags are junk - U will regret wasting your money on them.

I bought after market mags 1x in my life  - never again.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:33:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that Beretta does not make OD 92's.  That would mean that all the green ones you see have an aftermarket finish on them.  You could get your own pistol hard coated if you so desire.

and +1 for the mags.  Berettas tend to be picky about mags, so it's worth a little more to get quality ones.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:51:35 AM EDT
[#3]
No, last year, Beretta did release an OD Green version - I do not believe they are making them anymore. It has a green frame and slide, and a black barrel and black grips. It is not an aftermarket thing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:06:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info, i hadnt known that.  Sounds like a really neat looking piece!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:22:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info guys. Was asking about the mags because I found 15, 20 and 30 rounds on sale for $4.99
And here is the link for the OD 92
OD Green
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:31:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info guys. Was asking about the mags because I found 15, 20 and 30 rounds on sale for $4.99
And here is the link for the OD 92
OD Green

The ones I have seen in person are not that bright of a green. They are more subdued.

As for the mags - do U really think U will get good mags for $4.99. Trust me - you will be wasting your money.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:12:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Well the 4.99 mags........I thought I would at least try. It's only money. Went to the range today. Full 30 rounds to compress the spring. All 30 rounds, No jams. Also tried the 15 rounds mags...they are also 4.99. No jams what so ever. So I don't think I wasted my money. I checked the dimensions on my beretta pb mags and these 4.99 mags and they are within .005". I might have to order some more before he sells out.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:06:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, congrats with that - I am surprised - I would not recommend using those in the gun for defense, though - maybe range mags.

U got me beat, though - I wouldn't have gotten those..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top