Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2006 9:17:09 AM EDT
Hey I just got a Beretta 96 Brigadier INOX 40 S&W. The gun came with two 10 round mags. Are there any mags made for this model to hold more than 10 rounds? Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:23:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Not in your state, sir.  IIRC, IL state law forbids mags holding more than 10rds.

Should you ever move to a free state not run by liberals, CDNN should have all the hi-caps you could ever buy.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:02:45 PM EDT
[#2]
on the bright side, 96 "high" caps only hold 11 or 12 rounds, so you're not missing much, other than the principle of the thing. That being that the ban is unConstitutional
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:12:57 PM EDT
[#3]
IIRC  Illinios allows all mag capacities but only 12 or what not in Cook County (the center of Chicago).  When you go to a site that sells mags it always lists states (such as CA, HI, NJ.....) then it says Chicago IL.

Rose Mech (i live a stone's throw from IL)
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:30:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Their right about cdnninvestments, they are also right about only getting 2 extra rounds without the mag sticking out of the grips. If you get a mag made by Eagle you might have to push in the mag release button on insertion.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:32:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope they knocked a few bucks off the price for the mags!  You can get higher capacity mags from Beretta, but like has been said before, check your local laws before buying.  It is YOUR responsibility to know all local laws regarding buying and posessing mags (and anything else for that matter)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top