Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 2:32:46 PM EDT
I found a guide a while ago that detailed step by step how to remove and replace the hammer on the 92 series.  Of course when I actually am in a position to need it, I can't google it up for the life of me.  If anyone has any experience replacing the hammer/hammer spring, or knows where I can look to find out, I'd appreciate it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:42:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Ciao USAF,
here is a visual manual about disassemble the FS92/98.
http://www.thegunners.it/links/index.php?id=26
Just click on "mod. 92 e 98 Serie - Smontaggio Completo". It's in Italian but the photos are pretty good and in case of trouble with my language I can help you.

I also have a PDF copy of ARMY TM 9-l 005-317-23&P the Beretta M9 maintenance manual. in English of course. If you want I can e-mail that to you.

Replacing the hammer in the SF family is pretty easy and doesn't require special skill. I fully disassemble mine every 500 rnds.

Regards.

Paolo

Italy
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:34:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's a good online source as well...

www.geocities.com/Yosemite/6078/mainten.htm
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:20:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Paolo-  Thanks for the offer.  If you could email me that manual I'd appreciate it.  

Kiwi- Thanks for the link.  It's not the guide I had before, but it might do the job.

I should get my new toys in a few days, and I will proceed to fuck up my pistol from there...  

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:23:32 AM EDT
[#4]
USAF,
I tried without success to e-mail the manual to you via AR15.com but can't e-mail attachements. Can you give me your e-mail address?
Ciao
Paolo

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:54:33 PM EDT
[#5]
paolo- got everything! thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:41:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Alright, so detailed hi-res movies at www.beretta92fs.com were no good? Wow, go wonder...
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:07:30 PM EDT
[#7]
didnt know about that site before i posted this, but yes, they DO help.  Thanks for the condescending reply.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:45:07 PM EDT
[#8]
No prob, I got more.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:02:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Try these...   link 1

linky

They helped me when I installed my skeletonized hammer and D spring.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:48:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Let us know how it goes. I am tempted to get a skeleton hammer, but am afraid to do this myself too. I have changed the D spring myself, but don't wanna try that :p
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:12:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Let us know how it goes. I am tempted to get a skeleton hammer, but am afraid to do this myself too. I have changed the D spring myself, but don't wanna try that :p

Shipwreck,

If you have already installed the D spring, then you have already done most of the work in changing out the hammer.  Follow the directions in the links in my previous post, and there is noting to it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:56:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Got the parts in the mail today (FINALLY- freaking holiday!)  

Took less than 5 min to install.  I'm a little concerned because the hammer strikes noticably lighter now.  I did a check of the firing pin by putting a pencil down the barrel and pulling the trigger.  The old hammer/spring combo would launch the pencil a good 8  inches clear of the barrel when fired vertically, now it doesnt even get the pencil out of the barrel.  I'm taking it to the range tomorrow and I'll let you know how it goes.  From what I've heard from several people here it shouldnt make a difference, so we'll see.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:50:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Got the parts in the mail today (FINALLY- freaking holiday!)  

Took less than 5 min to install.  I'm a little concerned because the hammer strikes noticably lighter now.  I did a check of the firing pin by putting a pencil down the barrel and pulling the trigger.  The old hammer/spring combo would launch the pencil a good 8  inches clear of the barrel when fired vertically, now it doesnt even get the pencil out of the barrel.  I'm taking it to the range tomorrow and I'll let you know how it goes.  From what I've heard from several people here it shouldnt make a difference, so we'll see.

Ciao USAF,
your Beretta deserves a vigorous hammer strike, at the end of the day it's a gun for real men, not for classic dancers.
In Italy old gunsmiths (kind of Artists) even do not replace the hammer spring when they accurize the 92/98.
My 2 cents is just keep the original hammer spring and cut with a dremmel just one coil. Did you polished the sear?
Paolo
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:12:54 PM EDT
[#14]
My concerns were QUITE unfounded!

I went to the range today and put about 150 rds down range.  I looked at the primer and compared it to some old brass from the original setup and I cant tell a difference between the two dimples.

I am EXTREMELY happy with my pistol right now. It is IDEAL!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:38:21 PM EDT
[#15]
cut one coil off spring? NOT.YOUR GONNA SAVE A COUPLE OF BUCKS AND WRECK THE STOCK SPRING.NOT DO IT KITCHEN ITALIAN MECHANIC!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:32:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
cut one coil off spring? NOT.YOUR GONNA SAVE A COUPLE OF BUCKS AND WRECK THE STOCK SPRING.NOT DO IT KITCHEN ITALIAN MECHANIC!

I would be glad to invite you to shoot my 98FS....kitchenized
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:12:10 AM EDT
[#17]
now now kids, i just wanted some advice for a job i did over 2 weeks ago.  in fact....

can this thread be locked so it goes away?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:34:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Me and a couple buddies got bored one day in SW Asia and disassembled a 92FS with a Leatherman.

Took about an hour to get it back together. What a bitch!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top