Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2005 7:26:27 AM EDT
What is a fair price for a used Beretta 92FS Vertec?  approximately 1000 rounds fired down the barrel.  With Bianchi carylok holster.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:39:01 PM EDT
[#1]
The Vertec didn't sell real well..........

I have seen a few around the $450 price range. Check Gunbroker for a better idea of a used gun price.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 1:49:58 PM EDT
[#2]
They didnt sell because they're fugly

not to mention it takes the inherent ergonomics of the standard beretta grip and pisses all over it.

Vertec= compromise of a 9mm round with the lack of comfort of a 1911 grip

you couldnt give one to me (correction, you COULD give one to me, but i'd sell it quick)
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#3]
^^

not to mention it takes the inherent ergonomics of the standard beretta grip and pisses all over it.

Vertec= compromise of a 9mm round with the lack of comfort of a 1911 grip

Lack of comfort of a 1911 grip??????WTF???

You think Beretta would retool to manufacture a gun that noone liked?  I believe they made the Vertec's to get the 1911-shooter to come over to their side of the fence.   But then again, you may be right, noone in IDPA type comps uses an archaic, uncomfortable 1911 design

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:26:02 PM EDT
[#4]
point taken, but pretty much any UNBIASED opinion has told me that the beretta is significantly more ergonomic to shoot than the 1911, and I have the same opinion after firing both
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:06:38 AM EDT
[#5]
that's funny. I think the vertec is fugly, but very comfortable to hold. I don't have a problem with the grip. I actually wish they'd make the 92 steel vertec with an aluminum frame instead that'd sell for $600. I'd buy one. I do NOT like the rail however. I think it's stupid.

I on the otherhand do NOT like 1911s. I find that they're VERY uncomfortable and will not shoot one without wrap around grips.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:54:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I on the otherhand do NOT like 1911s. I find that they're VERY uncomfortable and will not shoot one without wrap around grips.

The only thing I don't like about 1911 is that it's not reliable. I bought one, sent it back after it would just jam and jam and locked up the action, merely after 400 rounds! 400 rounds is nothing for my Beretta and my HK.
So I bought another one. That one requires the extractor to be adjusted. It came very loose, and it was a damn Colt too! Fool me once, fool me once, and it ain't gonna be thrice.
It's really annoying when the ridiculous 1911 owners are adamant about it.  It's a damn cult I tell you.

I want a gun that works out of the box, I shouldn't be testing for their quality assurance or beta testing a product specially when I paid $700-$800 for it. It's unacceptable.

As far as the rail, I don't really like the rail, I never really use it either. Beretta should come up with 92FS with rail if they really want rail instead of coming up with a different line that nobody really buys. I find these rails like they put on the S*g rail, it's a bit sharp.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top