Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2001 8:09:09 PM EDT
Took my mothers 21A 22lr out with my girlfriend. Took the other guns but wanted my girlfriend to have something to do, so I brought the little gun. I have never experienced so many problems though? It jammed 4 times, empty cases cuaght in the barrel twice, clip lost it's screw and had 3 FTF's. It was more trouble than it was worth. I sat down and inspected it though and I think it needs to have the feed ramp polished, or even mill down the edges. My mother doesn't take the gun out as much as she should, but it scared the hell out of me as far as being reliable for her. I have pretty much decided to get my girlfriend a revolver (she has a hard time cycling the action) on the beretta. I like the little berreta though. Has anyone else had these kinds of problems? Know any gunsmiths that work on these little things?
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 7:36:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I think I will polish the feeding ramp. I got out the dremel tool today and I think I can do this?
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 9:04:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I have never shot one myself but over on Beretta-forum.com  I've read many people say that the little Berettas are VERY ammo sensative and that you should shoot as many brands as you can and find one that works and stick with it! Hope this helps!

BKVic
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 9:19:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine is a little jammamatic, too.
Best so far has been the CCI Stinger ammo.
But, it still choked a couple of times.
I will only use this 21A as a plinker.
Makes me want to try the Taurus knock-off to see if it's any better.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 6:13:05 AM EDT
[#4]
"Makes me want to try the Taurus knock-off to see if it's any better" I thought this myself, hell it's cheaper!
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 8:44:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, My 21 seems to like Winchester Super X...I can't recall any problems with it at all...maybe a few jams during the break in period...
my only complaint about it is you have to pull the hammer back in order to cycle the slide easily...you can do it with the hammer up, but seems to be a bit tougher that way.

Angry Simian
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 4:55:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I have owned three of these guns, maybe I was lucky on all three. only one of the three ever ftf, and that was with one brand of ammo. I will get another.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 2:46:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Hello edblevi,
I haven't shot my little Beretta much lately, but when I did, I almost exclusively used CCI Stingers in my 21. Reliability was always good. Unless things have changed, the Stingers were about the "hottest" 22LR around, and maybe that extra little boost helped. I also made sure that the pistol was well lubricated.
Good luck, Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top