Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2005 2:21:18 PM EDT
Can anyone give me some info on this gun?  I am looking at one to be my CCW gun because of its size.
If you have any comments on this gun please let me know what they are, Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/4/2005 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Hit and miss on a myrid of problems.  Some have lots of problems, some none. Early production recall by Beretta.  Discontinued now.  Dont use the same mags as either the 92/96 series or the 8000 series.   Limited availabity on holsters, mags, and parts.  Pay your money and take your chances.  Should'nt pay anymore than $300 for a NIB or LNIB.
Link Posted: 11/5/2005 7:11:51 PM EDT
[#2]
After I received my CCW I purchased the 9000S in 40 S&W. My father-in-law also purchased the 9000S in 9mm. We have been to the range many times and have never had any major problems. I am dismayed by the lack of accessories or parts though and it's not a gun that will be with you 30 years from now like the 92. It is however priced right $300 and under, IMO. There are better CCW guns out there.
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 6:47:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one in 40. Its my daily ccw. I think that they are as close to perfect a ccw gun as you can get. I know that there was a recall of a few early on but have never heard of anybody haveing any reliabilty problems. As far as the availability of mags, parts, and accessories, yes they are not as common as with more popular guns but how many sources do you need? I bought a few extra mags from CDNN, a Don Hume holster and I'm good to go. One of the night sight companys make a night sight for the 9000s.

Link Posted: 11/10/2005 3:08:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got one myself at the gun show a few weeks ago. Took it out shooting and seemed pretty good compared to my 92FS. Good spread and did not have one problem. The one I got is double action only in 9mm so it does not have a safety on it. I would feel very comfortable carrying it. Right now my choice is my snubby 357 S&W. I have not had a chance to fully tear it down to clean it, but it seems just like its big brother. I will agree about the availability of accessories and such, but an Uncle Mikeys number 16 fits just perfect!
Link Posted: 11/15/2005 1:15:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info guys!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:27:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Discontinued now.

Really, I didn't know that. They only came out a few years ago, didn't they?
What was the reason... lack of interest or problems with the gun itself that made it not worth fixing?

ETA: They're still displayed on their website... BerettaUSA.com
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:32:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Discontinued now.

Really, I didn't know that. They only came out a few years ago, didn't they?
What was the reason... lack of interest or problems with the gun itself that made it not worth fixing?

ETA: They're still displayed on their website... BerettaUSA.com

Still Displayed up on the Beretta Site,   but it looks like they only make the .40 in SA/DA and the 9mm in DA Only?    So they didn't discontinue them all?  

How does the size compare to a Glock 19?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:35:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

How does the size compare to a Glock 19?

it's actually pretty small, but it seems thick.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:42:48 PM EDT
[#9]
If it fits your hand why not. I hated it because it felt horrible and the trigger pull was excessively long.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:54:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I really wanted one till I handled it. The slide is so short it's hard for me to grab hold of it to pull it back. The controls were ridiculously tight (something that I'm sur woudl go away after a good break-in perio). Can't say much for the trigger since I didn't shoot it. I try not to rate trigger pull from dry firing.
It's a cool looking little gun and I have still tossed around the idea of giving it a try...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top