Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2001 7:03:22 AM EDT
I have a heck of a time taking it off safe during presentation.  I have only had my B92 for about a month now, and have only about 200rds through it, but I can not get the hang of the safty, at least with any speed.  A Grandma in a wheel chair could load and fire a contender, from the prone position at me, before I could get my safty off!  Pushing up with my right thumb just seems so awkward.  I know I need to work on dry fire practice.

I have to add that the accuracy of my Beretta is impressive!  Even with double taps I'm impressed.  I just recieved my Galco PLE Paddle holster, and it is fantastic.  I paracticed with it Sunday and was very happy with how the gun came out and when back in.  It did not shift at all on my hip, unlike my Kydex holster.

Also, impressed with my Pro Mag 15rders.  Not a glitch!  Even with 124gr. Speer Gold Dots.  Speaking of, 1 1/4" 5 shot group off a rest at 20yds! To point of aim, even!
guns762
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 2:58:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure I'll get a lot of criticism for this but, do what I do and leave it off. I carry mine in a Galco shoulder rig and I believe the thumbreak is enough of a safety. You control the gun, don't let the gun control you.

Mine shoots better than I can.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 5:54:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Actually, that's not entirely unheard of.  I forget the designation, but Beretta makes a version with no safety, dedock only.

If you're having trouble, I don't see what would be wrong with carrying it safety off, hammer down.  I can't immagine the DA trigger on a 92 getting pulled accidentally.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:09:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I have both a paddle holster and sholder rig for my beretta, and understand your frustration with the safety.  I am now able to draw and have the safety off with realtive easy, but it took quite a bit of practice and some people giving me curious looks at the range.

The way that I do it is have my thumb slide down the slide when I am drawing the weapon.  It will contact the safety and move it a little bit.  Once I feel that, a quick flex of my knuckle will pop it out of safe.

The only thing that I can suggest is to continue to practice and find out which works best for you.  I am going to be going to a tactical training class next spring, so hopefully I will be able to turn off the safety under stress.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 8:14:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Actually, that's not entirely unheard of.  I forget the designation, but Beretta makes a version with no safety, dedock only.

If you're having trouble, I don't see what would be wrong with carrying it safety off, hammer down.  I can't immagine the DA trigger on a 92 getting pulled accidentally.

----G model, I wish mine was. I dont use the safety either, only at the range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top