Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 11:14:08 AM EDT
I have just ordered the INS set up for the trigger and a 17lb hammer spring for my 92 but I was thinking if I reduced the hammer I might want to give a few pounds to the main recoil spring does any one have a suggestion for poundage on that or will in run fine with the 17lb hammer spring and stock recoil spring. I have this thing about being able to shoot my pistols double action and that is one of the few cmplaints about my 92 is that the double action is stiffer than a corpse.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I would maybe look into the Trapper Gun spring kit for your 92. It reduces DA/SA pulls by about 45-50%. I have it in mine and I love it. I also polished all of the contact surfaces, and stoned my hammer and sear.

Trapper Gun INC. Phone 810-776-7581 The kit is about $15 If I remember it comes with rp-hammer, rp-sear, and xp-recoil spring. As for their exact weights I could not tell you. you would have to ask Trapper.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:23:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Do some range work with the new hammer & see what you get? If you need to change the mainspring, Wolf Springs would be where I would look first, IMO.

My .o2
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:34:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I will most certainly go with Wolff but I was just wondering what pound spring you would recomend. I have not realy messed with my 92 a lot and I have had it probably 6 years.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:43:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Wolf lists what is currently standard poundage rating on their web site & then has them up & down from factory rating. Might try one or two levels below factory rating & then you can go back up should you need to. Springs are $10 or so, maybe less so you won't break the bank if you get more than one.

Good luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top