Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2005 8:56:51 PM EDT
I'm thinking about a 92FS for my next buy but I'm kinda strapped for cash.  I know CDNN had some police trade-ins for <$400 that I'd heard good things about but they don't seem to have them in their current catalog.  Anybody know of any around?  

Thanks for the info...
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:26:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Spend the extra 60-80 and don't buy a gun that has been shot to death.

There are a few good ones, but there is a reason they are traded in ;)
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:11:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Really, most of the pistols have seen less than a few thousand rounds, and have more holsters wear than anything else.  For the most part, the pistols were traded in when the departments went to the 40 platforms.  Trust me, a lot of officers only shot the department issue pistols when it's time to qualify (sad but true).

As for shot to death, my current 92fs has seen over 60K and since the barrel is chrome plated, I would say that it might just now be broken in.  If you do buy one of the pistols,  change out the recoil spring right off the bat, chances are besides the spots on the finish, it will be the only other thing that needs attention.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:17:42 AM EDT
[#3]
+1
When I was working in a shop in Fl, I saw a ton of PD trade ins and 99 times out of 100 they were in fantastic mechanical condition. The finish is almost always worn, but not to the point that they need a refinish. I also agree on the spring replacment, it's a good idea becuse it'll add life to the gun and it's cheap insurance aganst undue wear.

As a side note, most of the Berettas I've seen throughh CDNN are in quite good shape finish wise as well.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:07:59 PM EDT
[#4]
A new recoil spring, a new trigger return spring & any used 92 should be good as new, IMO. Both are less than $10 each, IIRC. Now that hi-caps are $20 or less each, a 92 is a great buy for IDPA, IPSC or shits & giggles.

My .o2
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:38:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I've seen a couple of Sig police trade-ins from CDNN and they looked great, better than any of my carry guns actually.  I guess I'll just keep my eyes open.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top