Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2005 2:30:41 AM EDT
My dad found one a Gander Mountain for $299 and hes asking me if it a good deal but i dont know anything about them

I know its the 9mm version does anyone have experience with them?

Hes mostly going to keep it downstairs for protection and range fun.

My dad is kind of cheap so i know there are better guns out there but i think he likes it because of the price

thank you for your help
Cody
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:22:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Look what I found doing a google search,

www.thearmedcitizen.com/beretta.htm

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:01:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Look what I found doing a google search,

www.thearmedcitizen.com/beretta.htm

all ready been on that website but it didnt have any reviews

and a lot of the website are blocked by are websense

thanks though
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a 9000s in 40cal. It is my ccw gun. Great shooting gun 100% reliable. It would be my recomendation as the best ccw gun made. You have a choice of cocked and locked or hammer down carry, 10+1 rounds, maybe more in 9mm, they will both take the higher capaicty mags from the Berreta 92 and 96.299 is a very good price your dad should by it, if he doesn't you shoud. If I ever come across another good deal on a 40, I paid 285 for the one I have, I would by it for a spare. I see them new a the gun shows for 350-375 on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:05:08 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the info

i will relay this and what i have found to my dad so he can make the call
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:24:34 PM EDT
[#5]
What is the size of the 9000 compared to the XD-9 SubCompact?  I was thinking about the SA but now I'm considering the beretta due to price at Gander Mtn.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:32:22 PM EDT
[#6]
My CCW as well. A sub- compact that is roughly comparable to the Sub Glocks in size. Beretta dependabilty. An awsome weapon for 3 bills, IMHO.
jj
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:05:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Isn't the 9000 the polymer frame version? If so, it is a buyer's market on these as they sell slow as hell in the gun stores & gun shows.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Isn't the 9000 the polymer frame version? If so, it is a buyer's market on these as they sell slow as hell in the gun stores & gun shows.

Yes its berettas first polymer frame pistol
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#9]
The 9000s is a slick carry weapon ( I have a .40) and it is a Beretta. The price sounds good so if your Dad wants a reliable 9mm that doesn't take up a lot of room he should buy it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:50:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I own the 40 version as well and get alot of failures from the sloping barrel not sliding well into the frame after each shot.  Anyone else have this issue??  I luv the gun but won't carry it concealed due to this.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:42:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
My CCW as well. A sub- compact that is roughly comparable to the Sub Glocks in size. Beretta dependabilty. An awsome weapon for 3 bills, IMHO.
jj

I looked at one of these at a gunshow, but the gun seemed really fat.  What is your take on the thicjness of your gun.  Maybe I looked over the gun too quickly.  I'm looking for another CCW.  My wife likes my Glock26 so I leave it with her when I'm on the road.  I'd like for my next CCW to have a manual safety, but it is not mandatory.  I will look the 9000S over again at the next show.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:59:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
jj

I looked at one of these at a gunshow, but the gun seemed really fat.  What is your take on the thicjness of your gun.  Maybe I looked over the gun too quickly.  I'm looking for another CCW.  My wife likes my Glock26 so I leave it with her when I'm on the road.  I'd like for my next CCW to have a manual safety, but it is not mandatory.  I will look the 9000S over again at the next show.  

Compare the two side by side.........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top