Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 5:11:15 AM EDT
I love my beretta 92FS vertec, except for the trigger.  What can I do to get a better trigger?  Needs a lot less travel and needs to be lighter.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:21:51 AM EDT
[#1]
You could get a used beretta parts kit that has the metal trigger, then have a gunsmith file and polish the needed areas to make the triiger pull better.

Or you could shoot 20,000 rounds or so, and let the trigger wear down a little.  Pull gets better the more rounds you shoot.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:15:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Langdon would put in a DAO trigger spring in the gun.....cut the pull down dramatically.

It is a cheap and easy swapout on the other Beretts 92/96/8000 series...not sure about the vertec.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:00:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Langdon would put in a DAO trigger spring in the gun.....cut the pull down dramatically.

It is a cheap and easy swapout on the other Beretts 92/96/8000 series...not sure about the vertec.

The Vertec is the same internally.  Only outside appearance is altered.  It should work fine.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:41:30 AM EDT
[#4]
The easiest way to lighten your trigger is to remove the grip panels. At the bottom of the grip panels is a pin that retains the mainspring plug on the Beretta. Push that pin out and remove the spring in it and get you a 19lb. 1911 hammer/mainspring and put in it. That is the lightest spring that you want to go with without having failures to fire. Some NATO ball and foreign surplus ammo will still have a few FTF with that spring due to hard primers. I have fired upwards of 12,000 rounds of Winchester white box without a hitch with that spring. I also took the gun completely apart and polished the sear and hammer contact surfaces as well as operational metal friction areas for a smoother pull and a crisper single action let off. The spring alone makes an unbelievable difference in itself. It will drop your DA pul from 12lbs. to around 7.5-8 and from 6 lb. to about a 4 lb. SA break. Hope this helps.Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The easiest way to lighten your trigger is to remove the grip panels. At the bottom of the grip panels is a pin that retains the mainspring plug on the Beretta. Push that pin out and remove the spring in it and get you a 19lb. 1911 hammer/mainspring and put in it. That is the lightest spring that you want to go with without having failures to fire. Some NATO ball and foreign surplus ammo will still have a few FTF with that spring due to hard primers. I have fired upwards of 12,000 rounds of Winchester white box without a hitch with that spring. I also took the gun completely apart and polished the sear and hammer contact surfaces as well as operational metal friction areas for a smoother pull and a crisper single action let off. The spring alone makes an unbelievable difference in itself. It will drop your DA pul from 12lbs. to around 7.5-8 and from 6 lb. to about a 4 lb. SA break. Hope this helps.Good luck!

I forgot about this.  Never did it cause I like the stiffer trigger.  Great for those times when you think you have to shoot, start to squeeze the trigger, then realize you almost made a big mistake.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:53:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the info.

I am going to have to try the 1911 spring.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:26:51 PM EDT
[#7]
You can also get a Beretta "D" mainspring (about $4) and perform the same minor "surgery" as described by 00bullitt.  

I have an LTT "D" spring on my my 92G Vertec and another on my 96F Centurion....and as, again, described by 00bullit, what a before and after difference!  Swapping your Vertec mainspring for either the 1911 or Beretta "D" spring is almost (but not quite exactly) like performing your own trigger job!

You can get the "D" spring from David Olhasso, directly from Beretta USA (contact their customer service) or from one of at least two members of the Berettaforum.net (Age_Ranger or PB14TX).

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Vertec is the same internally.  Only outside appearance is altered.  It should work fine.

I have a Vertec and it works fine with the D spring in it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top