Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2005 6:25:12 PM EDT
I was looking at getting a 92FS, but then I noticed the Vertec and Elite IA on the website.  What is the difference?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:41:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Vertec has the same angle as the 1911. I believe there aren't any other mods.

An elite is a cleaned up 92fs....the Elite II is the better of them.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:18:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I have both the Elite 1A and 92 FS.

The Elite 1Ahas flat backstrap and is great for those who feel the FS is too bulky.  It has a light rail that fits most lights, including the insight/streamlight m3 and m6.  The elite also has bigger sights that are easier to see if your raising your weapon in a defensive situation.  There is NO safety on the Elite 1A, it is a decocking lever only.  The slide is the heavier slide off the brigadier.  It also has front cocking serrations, and a skeletonized hammer.  The only other Beretta I feel beats the Elite 1A as far as tactical applications are concerned is the 92G-SD.

The standard Beretta is a fine weapon if your looking for a no frills handgun.  It is the weapon I carry when hunting/hiking in case I have a run in with a small animal that isn't nice.  You can say it's my beater beretta.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:40:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:00:03 PM EDT
[#4]
No problem.

I just noticed you asked about the vertec as well.  I've seen a couple so I know it's much like the 92 FS, except it has the flat backstrap and light rail.  It is pretty much the best of both worlds.  I also forgot to mention the barrels are different on the Elite 1A and FS are different material.  the Elite 1A has a stainless barrel, the 92 i think is carbon steel, but I'm not sure about that.  I just know the material doesn't seem to make much of a difference as far as accuracy.  They both shoot quite well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top