Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 12:25:49 PM EDT
Hey all,  couple weekends ago I was up shooting with a friend and I had a FTE on my 92FS.  I went through the whole TRB drill and shot again.  Happened again, so I TRB again.  On the third time I was really surprised as this gun has never really done it before.  However the third time I went to rack the slide and it was jammed shut.  I dropped the mag, and examined the top of the slide,  I could see something was up under the barrel, so I straightened it out with a small screw driver and then slid the slide off.

Turns out,  one of the little "ears" on the locking block broke off.  I don't have pics yet (parent's have the camera) but it was a fairly clean break.  

Has anyone else had this happen?  Should I just man up and buy the part or see if Beretta will fix it for me?  (the gun is from the late 80s or early 90s, my father purchased it before I was really into guns)

Also is there a date range for S/Ns so I can see how old the weapon actually is?

Thanks in advance

Jake
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you buy the weapon new? If you did I would send it in... i think in order to receive it, you may need to have it shipped to a FFL.... you may want to ask the HIVE MIND

Good luck on your repair
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:03:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Man, talk about knocking on wood.  I have run over 200,000 rounds of +p ammo threw three different M-9's and yet to have a lock crack.  MY guess is that I kept the pistols sprung correctly, and may have been my saving factor.

As noted, if the pistol was bought new, then Beretta might fix if for free.  If not, just call them up and order a new lock.  Also, now would be a good time to get Wolf on the phone and order up a few replacement recoil springs at the same time.  The recoil springs seem to start giving up the ghost around the 4000 mark (father than normal ejection distance), so if you are not watching the ejections, then use the 4000 count rule as a replacement guide.

Note, for +p ammo, I use a 16 lb recoil spring, and for standard hard ball ammo, a 15 lb spring.  The factory 13 spring only give me the correct ejection distance when using light reloads (read crap that you have to buy when you show up at a indoor range and all you have is jacket ammo (and they only allow cast bullet ammo).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top