Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2005 11:48:23 AM EDT
Hey all, just picked up a 92G Vertec along with 6 15 round mags and 2 20 factory mags, but had heard that there are some factory 30 / 32 (dont know which one) factory mags in existance?  If so, what do they run and where can I find one or two?  Thanks in advance for your help.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:04:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a couple of 30 rnd triple K mags, they are crap they fall out of the gun as you shoot. I soldered shims to the sides of them and they work now but what a pain in the ass.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:22:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't 30 round 93R mags exist?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:16:35 PM EDT
[#3]
93R, I think thats what I had heard of (for a SMG or something?)
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:02:37 PM EDT
[#4]
If Im not mistaken, the mags for the 93R are 25 rounders, but I could be wrong.  Im tempted to move to Peru or the Philipines so that I can own one though, gotta retire from the Army first, only 14 years to go!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:41:01 AM EDT
[#5]
The 93R came with 20rnd mags. AFAIK that was the biggest ag Beretta ever made for the 90 series pistols.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:47:21 PM EDT
[#6]
So a 20 rounder is the biggest factory (or reliable) mag for the 92 series of Beretta pistols?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:12:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:30:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The 93R came with 20rnd mags. AFAIK that was the biggest ag Beretta ever made for the 90 series pistols.

Correct...so far at least. You must understand that in most of the rest of the world, you are a VIP, indeed, if you can even possess a firearm of any kind, and a handgun especially! Glock is busy taking the business of the world's police forces by storm, and Beretta is still only building a 20 round mag for the 92 sereies guns.

All true, but you also have to consider the reason Glock makes the 30 stick is primarily for the M18. Currently, a pretty popular gun as far as machine pistols go. The 20rnd 90series mags were for the 93R, a gun that overall, seems to have a relatively samll niche in the (machinepistol) market. That being said, there really hasn't been a good reason to make a larger mag until recently with the introduction of the CX4. Even with the intro of the CX4, the precieved need is still questionable as it is still primarily a civvie (sport) wepon. Like you said, in most parts of the world the attitude tward sporting guns is shakey at best and huge mags tend to be frowned upon when used by anyone other than .gov. Now, when the folding stock PD version is introduced that may change, but until then, I think we're stuck with 20s.  --ST
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:21:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Real Beretta 93R magazines are of 20 round capacity.
The first magazines had a metal "horseshoe" on the rear lower portion of the mag that protruded from the grip.
The later 93R magazines have a front serrated band of plastic around the protruding portion. The floorplates are stamped steel. They are of the highest quality- typical Beretta.
If the magazines you have do not have these features- they are not 93R magazines. Extended factory mags maybe, but not 93R.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:03:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I got 3 32 rd mags for my Vertec and the work fine.  I got them at MCSports.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top