Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2005 4:23:53 PM EDT
Okay, here's the scoop.  I have a 92FS.  I have a .22 practice kit from Beretta (and had it threaded for a suppressor because I have a sickness).  I just got a hell of a deal on a 96D.  Of course the 92FS is DA/SA with a standard hammer.  The 96D has the bobbed hammer and no safety controls on the slide.  I basically want to turn the 96 frame into a host for the .22 practice kit.  What parts do I need to swap out on the 96 frame so that I have the same style hammer and SA/DA action setup as in the 92?  If it all goes well, I'm just gonna sell off the 96D upper half and mags to recoup some of the cost.  So, what do I need?  Thanks in advance!!

Woody
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi,

If your 96 has a sear in it (which it should), all you have to do is swap out the bobbed hammer on the 96D to one that has a single action notch cut in it.

That should be it. If it doesn’t have a sear in it, then most likely the bobbed hammer has a single action notch in it already, and if that's the case, you'll need to install a sear.

However, if there is no sear, and the bobbed hammer doesn't have the S/A notch cut in it, then you need to install both a sear and a S/A notched trigger. Hope this helps.

God Bless,
David

P.S. I almost forgot to add that you'll most likely have to add a hammer release lever if you want to be able to safely decock the gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top