Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2005 6:35:11 AM EDT
I'm about to send my 92 slide/barrel to gemtech to get it threaded.  I plan on getting some stuff for it while its gone.  I need a quality CC holster.  Hopefully one that I can use with a suppressor for range days.  I usually throw in a beefier wolff recoil spring in my pistols just to ease recoil but I do not know if this will affect operation with a suppressor mounted.  Is this a bad idea?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:14:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I would suggest threading a spare barrel instead of the original.  

Also, is there any need to send the slide to Gemtech?  The Beretta 92 barrel sticks out far enough to be threaded without affecting the slide.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:46:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I would suggest threading a spare barrel instead of the original.  

Also, is there any need to send the slide to Gemtech?  The Beretta 92 barrel sticks out far enough to be threaded without affecting the slide.

+1

as for a conceal carry holster that will accomidate a suppressor, I would have to suggest a shoulder harness as a IWB holster isn't very comfortable without a suppressor and you could probably break or bend the suppressor and/or barrel that way.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:40:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Gemtech modifys the front of the slide for a little more relief.  I was also told that the slide, locking block and barrel are fitted so a second barrel isnt a good idea.  I'm looking for an OWB holster of some sort as well.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:16:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm about to send my 92 slide/barrel to gemtech to get it threaded.  I plan on getting some stuff for it while its gone.  I need a quality CC holster.  Hopefully one that I can use with a suppressor for range days.  I usually throw in a beefier wolff recoil spring in my pistols just to ease recoil but I do not know if this will affect operation with a suppressor mounted.  Is this a bad idea?

If I'm not mistaken a heavier recoil actually increases perceived recoil.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:25:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I'm not mistaken a heavier recoil actually increases perceived recoil.

Sorry I was talking about slide/frame interaction.  Hopefully it works the same ways as 1911s do and you can add a little life to them by keeping things from banging around too hard.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:45:57 AM EDT
[#6]
LHD,
Berettas work best with stock recoil springs (13lbs).   I've heard some people depending on how big the can is use lighter springs while suppressed.  

I've competed with two different Berettas and tried just about every weight recoil spring.  All usually caused other problems like negative recoil.  This is where the slide would slam forward so hard that it would make the muzzle dive too low on the target.  Usually heavier recoil springs would cause the slide to cycle too slow for me too, I don't like having to wait on the gun to get done before I can fire again.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top