User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 7:35:22 PM EDT
www.berettausa.com/media/med...ss_releases.htm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Cathy Williams Cory Cannon
Communications & Events Manager Triple Curl Public Relations
1-301-283-2191 Ext. 1245 1-801-525-0253

BERETTA AWARDED A SECOND U.S. ARMED FORCES CONTRACT FOR DELIVERY OF 70,000 M9 PISTOLS

ACCOKEEK, MD — The U.S. Army contracting authority at Rock Island Arsenal (TACOM) has awarded Beretta U.S.A. an Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract to supply up to 70,000 M9 pistols over the next five years. The contract was awarded to Beretta U.S.A. after a competitive procurement process.

This was the second major contract to be awarded to Beretta U.S.A. for the M9 pistol this year. Earlier this year, the US Army contracted with Beretta U.S.A. to produce 18,744 M9s. “The M9 continues to be the sidearm of choice for our Armed Forces,” said E. Scott Blackwell, Vice-President, Law Enforcement, Defense & New Business Development at Beretta U.S.A. “In 1985, Beretta was selected as the standard-issue sidearm for the U.S. military and the Beretta M9 9mm pistol is now the most reliable and highly tested personal defense weapon in history, exceeding all U.S. Military testing guidelines.”

The average reliability of all M9 pistols tested at Beretta U.S.A. is 17,500 rounds between stoppages. During one test, twelve M9 pistols fired 168,000 rounds without a single malfunction.

Beretta is the oldest industrial dynasty in the world tracing its roots though 16 generations of continuous family ownership back to 1526. Firearms bearing the Beretta name have been sold for over 475 years. Beretta U.S.A. was founded in 1977 and supplies the standard sidearm to the U. S Armed Forces. Today Beretta manufactures, distributes and markets a complete line of firearms, accessories and apparel. Beretta also operates five retail Beretta Gallery stores worldwide.

(END)

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:57:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats to them. It's a great product.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:21:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I like my 92FS and am happy for Beretta but that doesn't mean the army and air force shouldn't be buying Sigs.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:28:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I miss my Beretta's.  They are damn good pistols!  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:35:58 AM EDT
[#4]
keep the pistol,  dump the 9mm
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:22:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Oh Yeah!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:51:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh Yeah!!

+2
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:28:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh Yeah!!

+2

I'm not sayng I agree with you guys but wouldn't you think they could stick that .45 GAP in that pistol without too much hassle?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:52:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Or keep the capacity and go with 9mm HPs. Dump the ancient treaty we abide by restricting the military to FMJ.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:05:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh Yeah!!

+2

I'm not sayng I agree with you guys but wouldn't you think they could stick that .45 GAP in that pistol without too much hassle?

That would be neat.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:35:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or keep the capacity and go with 9mm HPs. Dump the ancient treaty we abide by restricting the military to FMJ.

+1
yeah they need to start using HPs
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:55:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
yeah they need to start using HPs

Id like to see Winchester Rangers in my magazine next time I go to the box, but I doubt it will happen anytime during my career.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top