Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2002 8:43:33 AM EDT
My dad has one of these pistols, and is stuck with the 10 rounders that came with it.  It was produced after the Krime bill, so how come I see hicap aftermarkets advertised for this pistol?  Specifically:
www.cdnninvestments.com/ber80coug9mm.html
Looks like the machined another mag catch in the side of a Beretta 92 mag.  Kinda like this guy:
pistoleer.com/beretta/8000_magazines.shtml

So I guess the question I have, is are either of the above legal?  I guess as long as the modified 92 mags worked fine in their original pistol, it would be fine?  Someone who knows something give me some insight on this issue please?

Thanks
-Gloftoe
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 2:41:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 3:29:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 3 of the promag mags for the 8000 after about 900 rounds they still work great! never a FTF. i would not recommened using the 10 rounder the gun came with!!!!!! i have kept rounds loaded in it for a small amount of time and it bent the casing where the ridge is in each side. the promag has flat sides inside it(that makes it 15round capacity) and doesnt hurt your ammo.
good luck! and sorry for the typos!
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 4:38:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw somewere were they were modifying Beretta92FS mags for the Beretta8000 Cougar It will take some time to find it again I almost bought one for $250 but spent $75 more and got a new 92FS with Houge grips its flawless and mags are easy to find even bought some at Fort Knox for $20 ea.....Beretta92
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 5:17:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I saw somewere were they were modifying Beretta92FS mags for the Beretta8000 Cougar It will take some time to find it again I almost bought one for $250 but spent $75 more and got a new 92FS with Houge grips its flawless and mags are easy to find even bought some at Fort Knox for $20 ea.....Beretta92

Thinking of this guy?
pistoleer.com/beretta/8000_magazines.shtml
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 5:23:40 PM EDT
[#5]
oops,looks like to didnt read the header
I thought you were talking about the full sized 8000,thats what i was talking about.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 5:26:12 PM EDT
[#6]
wait wait.. that's fine.  He doesn't like the short grip so much, so I bought him some regular 8000 mags, and the little finger extension that Beretta sells.  So full size 15rndrs would work great.

My question is the legality of the mags above, sold by pistoleer.com or whhatever.  Don't want to get into any trouble or anything.  This guy could be ATF or some such.

-Gloftoe
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Legally modifying a 10 to 15 would be illegal but buying a preban mag for this is perfectly legal even if the pistol was made after the ban
Also modifying a preban mag to fit the 8000 would also be legal being the mag itself is preban not the pistol...Beretta92hepretty high I would score a high cap 92f mag at a gunshow and modify it with a dremel tool working slowly until it fits you have a perfect guide your OE 8000 mag...
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 9:42:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Legally modifying a 10 to 15 would be illegal but buying a preban mag for this is perfectly legal even if the pistol was made after the ban
Also modifying a preban mag to fit the 8000 would also be legal being the mag itself is preban not the pistol...Beretta92...

So, beretta92, I could buy a preban 15 rnd mag for my 1997 92fs and this would be legal?  I have, perhaps, a source for a couple, but I don't want to violate any laws.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top