Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2005 10:51:44 AM EDT
Anyone have experiance to share regarding this pistol?
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 6:16:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I've shot them, they're typical top Beretta quality. I prefered (sp?) this model over the tip-up barrel, personally. Balance was wonderful, quality is great. Hell, it's a Beretta.  

Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:16:10 PM EDT
[#2]
The Browning BDA is made by Beretta ( it says 'PB' on the frame ) and it has the same type of safety as the 92/96's...Walther type.

The sights on the BDA are kinda skimpy; the slide is a closed top; and the hammer has a spur, but I think it's interchangeable with the 'rowel' type of hammer on the 'Cheetah' line of Berettas.
I had an 84F which I sold along with a Tomcat to get my now discontinued 8040F MiniCougar...long story short.

If I got another .380 in the same class as the Beretta 84F I had, I'd probably get the Browning BDA instead, and make the changes I wanted to suit my tastes.
The safety thing is WHY I unloaded the 84F and Tomcat...they didn't match my 96's and the Cougar does, plus I got to lose two calibers and stay with the .40.  I WIN!!!
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:43:33 PM EDT
[#3]
My wife has the model 86 with the tip up barrel.  She likes it because she doesnt have to rack the slide to load the first round.  It has been very reliable, has light recoil and good ergonomics.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:48:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a 85 F .380 and really like it. Its my carry / keep in the glove box piece. It has a snap when firing and there are smaller pieces out there but for carry I would not go less than .380

Overall its exactly like my 92 in fuction but smaller.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top