Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2005 11:11:32 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 2:42:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to think they were ugly, but they are starting to grow on me. I look forward to a range report.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 2:41:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out the caliber - 9x21.

Am I correct that you can't own a "military" caliber in Italy such as 9mm NATO (9x19)?
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 10:12:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Check out the caliber - 9x21.

Am I correct that you can't own a "military" caliber in Italy such as 9mm NATO (9x19)?

Yes, in Italy we can't own the 9x19mm because is in use of our military and police forces, and we can't own the full auto guns
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 11:27:53 PM EDT
[#4]
what is the reasoning behind the caliber restriction i wonder?

very nice handgun though...i'm visiting the Beretta Gallery in New York City tomorrow actually...i'm sure it will be fun.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 9:20:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Are the Storm PX4s available in the US to non-LEOs yet?

Also, are the magazines the same as the Beretta Cougar models?

I think it would just be freakin' dandy to have a polymerized Cougar (PX4) and the matching carbine with interchangeable magazines.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 11:26:55 PM EDT
[#6]
The reason for the caliber restriction is only politics reason, in Italy lives many pro Clinton politics hThe magazine of PX4 is different from 92.
Ciao!

God save USA!
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 8:47:56 AM EDT
[#7]
The last I heard was NO they are not available to no LEO types.

The last I heard was NO they do not take couger mags.

As far as the carbine goes if they made even at least a 15rd mag I would already own one but NO they only come in 8rders the last I heard.

Beretta should pull their head out of the sand in my never humble opinion.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 9:01:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

As far as the carbine goes if they made even at least a 15rd mag I would already own one but NO they only come in 8rders the last I heard.

Depends on the caliber on the CX4, the 9mm carbine can take 20 rd  Beretta 92 mags, somebody makes 20rd ones specifically for the CX4.

There's absolutely no reason the PX4 shouldn't be available for civvie sales at all. It is literally just a new version of the Cougar, which has been available for ages.  Hell, they've even discontinued the Cougar now, apparently in favor the PX4.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 11:59:15 AM EDT
[#9]
They are not releasing the PX4 to civvies till the end of the year, apparently so they can fill .gov orders both here and abroad (although the ones I saw being put together in Brescia were all marked BUSA).
While it does share the basic operating system (rotating barrel) with the Cougar, it really is a completely different gun. I'd actually compare it more to the Walther P99 sooner than a Cougar.

Also, in the near future, Beretta will be offering a mag well adapter for the CX4 so that it will be able to use PX4 mags. As was stated earlier, the 9mm/.40 can use 92/96 mags just fine and with the adapter, Cougar mags as well. This, in my opinion at least, makes for a neat little package, especially if you're a Beretta guy.  --ST
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 12:26:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
They are not releasing the PX4 to civvies till the end of the year, apparently so they can fill .gov orders both here and abroad (although the ones I saw being put together in Brescia were all marked BUSA).
While it does share the basic operating system (rotating barrel) with the Cougar, it really is a completely different gun. I'd actually compare it more to the Walther P99 sooner than a Cougar.

Also, in the near future, Beretta will be offering a mag well adapter for the CX4 so that it will be able to use PX4 mags. As was stated earlier, the 9mm/.40 can use 92/96 mags just fine and with the adapter, Cougar mags as well. This, in my opinion at least, makes for a neat little package, especially if you're a Beretta guy.  --ST

Cool, thanks for the info!

Other than the polymer frame, why would you compare it to a Walther?
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 7:40:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Adaptor to use a 92 mag in the Storm Carbine?   I though they were exactly the same magazines for both?
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd make the comparison based on the
1. Polymer frame
2. The ability to "fit" the grip by exchanging backstraps
3. The size
Beyond that, I guess it's all Beretta, but the Cougar is kind of in a class by iself.

SamColt, The CX4 comes with a adaptor for either the Cougar or 92/96 mags depending on how you order it. So, if you got it fitted for the Cougar, then you'd need an adaptor for the 92 series.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The reason for the caliber restriction is only politics reason, in Italy lives many pro Clinton politics with antigun ideas.
The magazine of PX4 is different from 92.
Ciao!

God save USA!  

With HIS help, the CITIZENS of the USA will save us, with our Military calibers and Full-Auto weapons!

I have future plans to visit Italy and the Beretta factory.  I'm looking forward to seeing the historic sights, eating the food, drinking the wine and meeting the people.
Maybe I should take language lessons, no?

Thank you for sharing the pictures with us.  It looks like a good pistol.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 12:17:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Depends on the caliber on the CX4, the 9mm carbine can take 20 rd  Beretta 92 mags, somebody makes 20rd ones specifically for the CX4.

There's absolutely no reason the PX4 shouldn't be available for civvie sales at all. It is literally just a new version of the Cougar, which has been available for ages.  Hell, they've even discontinued the Cougar now, apparently in favor the PX4.

Yes I was just speaking of the .45. I have thought about the 9mm since I have a 92 but I would like to have a .45 cal carbine. It is to bad about the stupid mag problem.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 1:06:10 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

With HIS help, the CITIZENS of the USA will save us, with our Military calibers and Full-Auto weapons! haveMaybe I should take language lessons, no? hank

Italy is very beautiful, in Brescia we have the Beretta Museum, it's so wonderfulheIn this area of Italy we have a problem with people from extra EU country (Albania,Romania,Marocco,Nigeria) who stole and rape people, so watch besideheI live in Sardegna, the most big island of Mediterraneo, very beautiful beach and girlshope
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:37:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Actually it'd be kind of cool if they'd release it as a 9x21 here in the states. At least we know it should be possible to order a 9x21 barrel for it, should just drop right in correct?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:42:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice. I want one.

/drool
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:25:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:13:05 AM EDT
[#19]
How would you compare it to the 92 as far as handling and accuracy? I have a 92G Elite II that I love.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:52:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:33:53 PM EDT
[#21]
From what I've heard, it's a much cheaper way to get a Beretta with a rail than the 92SD.

One last time, will the 92 mags interchange, yes or no? That's the one thing holding me back from getting serious about one.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:07:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:16:03 PM EDT
[#23]
The 92 magazines are not interchangeable.

here my Px4 web site...is under constructionhref=px4.interfree.it
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:59:21 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The 92 magazines are not interchangeable.

Why would they be? That would make sense.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#25]
I'd see it as a great selling point. The Taurus 17 rounders are not mouch more different than the Berretas in overall length.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:35:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Beretta was at our range on Saturday (Hagues, Therofare, NJ) with .40 cal Px4 Storms.  My impression : The gun is light weight,  has a soft recoil and shoots very well.  I ran 100 rounds through... no complaints.  I'm adding a 9mm to the collection as soon as my permits are ready.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:02:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Anyone in the states had a chance at one of these yet?  I am thinking of buying one and I am wondering if anyone has anyhting to say about them yet?  Also, does anyone know how easy, if at all they would be to convert from decock only to a saftey/decock model.....My experience with "easy" is coming from USPs which took about 5 seconds, including taking the slide off and putting it back on.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:41:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:27:50 AM EDT
[#29]
I want one to go along with my Cx4 Storm
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#30]
I played with one up at work today. I have this to say....

Glock better watch out. And, yes, I am serious. Its VERY comfortable, points well, has a good DA and good SA trigger pull. I was VERY impressed. We have the 9mm version up for sale for $479. Its a damn good pistol, and I am debating on if I am going to buy it tmw.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:59:11 PM EDT
[#31]
I just picked one up on Friday.   I am very impressed.   The PX4 9mm shot like a champ,  the weight is just a little above what my glock 23, and the size is slightly larger than the glock 23 but is not full size either.  I took it to the range on Saturday and put 200 rounds thru it.   The PX4 grip was just about right for me.  The magazines dropped free easily, but needed to be firmly inserted to latch properly.  The slide release was easy to operate and the decocker safety was easily engaged or disengaged.
The PX4 shot flawlessly and smooth.   The slide racks smooth and easily,  when firing the slide operates with fluid smoothness and ease.   The recoil is very much reminesiant of the couger,  lighter than a normal 9mm,  follow up shots are easily managed with the gun.   A mediocre shooter like me can shoot the PX4 and look like a good shooter without even trying.   In my opinion the PX4 is a far superior pistol than a glock.  

The only immediate downfall right now to this pistol is that the front end is larger than a 92fs and a glock 23,  this will make finding a holster to conceal carry the pistol difficult.

This review is based upon my opinion and experiences with different pistols.  
I have owned a sig 228, glock 19c, glock 23, beretta 92fs, 96fs, cougar 8000f.  In my opinion my berettas have always shot more accurate and pleasant than the glocks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:09:10 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm waiting the PX4 cal.45 for buy it too
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#33]

here my Px4 web site...is under construction
px4.interfree.it

Great web site !  check it out !
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:16:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Piacevole! Come spara?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top