Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2017 3:34:01 PM EDT
As the title suggests, I've been looking for an M9A1 for quite some time with night sights, with zero luck. Anyone have a lead on one?

Below is a link to what I'm looking for.

https://www.botach.com/beretta-js92m9a1m-m9a1-9mm-pistol-w-tritium-night-sights/
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:44:37 PM EDT
[#1]
My recommendation would be watch gun broker until you find the one your looking for. the m9a1 uses the fixed front sight, there are probably not many with factory night sights if any at all.

92a1, vertecs, brigadiers, and the 90two have both the rail and the front dovetail sights for easy night sight replacement.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:43:39 PM EDT
[#2]
My best recommendation is to place an order with Quantico Tactical.  They will order it and ship when it arrives.  Just be aware it may take a while.  There have not been many if ANY M9A1's available since the move to Tennessee much less the ones with night sights.

Here is a link to their page for order.  $640 for what you are looking for.  Scroll to the bottom.  QT are good people.  I've emptied my wallet there several times.

I'll bet when it comes back in stock at Botach, the price will go up.

M9A1 at Quantico Tactical
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:55:56 PM EDT
[#3]
You won't be able to get a new one with night sights. Tooltech can no longer drill front sights and install tritium into slides with no removal sights. I previously had them installed into a couple of M9A1s over the years. They did the factory installs for Beretta too.

They got hit with some govt regulations, and will not do it anymore. There was talk about solutions, but none have really come up yet.

Sorry...
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:28:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You won't be able to get a new one with night sights. Tooltech can no longer drill front sights and install tritium into slides with no removal sights. I previously had them installed into a couple of M9A1s over the years. They did the factory installs for Beretta too.

They got hit with some govt regulations, and will not do it anymore. There was talk about solutions, but none have really come up yet.

Sorry...
View Quote
I didn't know that...
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:13:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Mill off the front sight, drill a hole, install a Glock front sight.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:06:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sorry...
View Quote
JS92M9A1M24LE Beretta 92FS Type M9A1 LE W/Trijicon NS and 3 15rd Mags $649
Then explain this, I qualify under their first responders program
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:23:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

JS92M9A1M24LE Beretta 92FS Type M9A1 LE W/Trijicon NS and 3 15rd Mags $649
Then explain this, I qualify under their first responders program
View Quote
Did you contact them and check if it's in stock? It's probably not and won't be for a long time.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:21:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Did you contact them and check if it's in stock? It's probably not and won't be for a long time.
View Quote
Yes and still waiting on an email back from them.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:03:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd settle for a regular M9A1 at this point.  Hopefully Beretta gets them going again, don't want to pay scalper prices on one.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#10]
The M9A1's with night sights at Quantico have been out of stock for over a year.  I was hoping it just had to do with the Tennessee move.  I knew about Tooltech but I figured Beretta did their own work.  I didn't know until Shipwreck's post that they sent that work out.   He's the guru over on the Beretta forum, so I trust his knowledge.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 1:28:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The M9A1's with night sights at Quantico have been out of stock for over a year.  I was hoping it just had to do with the Tennessee move.  I knew about Tooltech but I figured Beretta did their own work.  I didn't know until Shipwreck's post that they sent that work out.   He's the guru over on the Beretta forum, so I trust his knowledge.
View Quote
I just got an email back from G&R and they do not have any nor do they expect any.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes, there are no more factory night sight pistols on slides that do not have removable front sights. Sorry.

Only on the 92A1, M9A3, etc...
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 4:58:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
If a shop offered that type of sight work to where the front sight could be replaced as easily as a Glock, it would be awesome. Too bad Beretta doesn't approach the night sight issue like that from the factory.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:34:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If a shop offered that type of sight work to where the front sight could be replaced as easily as a Glock, it would be awesome. Too bad Beretta doesn't approach the night sight issue like that from the factory.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep, it's a shame to have been in business over 500 years and be that far behind on the sights.  I love my Beretta's and will never give them up, but unfortunately my 92A1 is the only one that will have Trijicons on it.  I would love to have a set on my M9A1 Compact.

On the radiation issue, I'm no super duper expert, just a FD hazmat tech, but I think that is WAY overblown.   We took several sets of night sights, put them together and checked them with the meters off our rig.  Didn't pick up anything other than normal background radiation.  If a capsule ruptured there may be a little more, but you would probably get more exposure from a day at the beach than handling an exposed slide.  The danger I guess would be ingesting it.

Like you said, if some company could hook up with Beretta in Tennessee to do this and have slides available to replace if a vial is broken,  I'll bet they would sell a lot of pistols.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 11:36:23 AM EDT
[#15]
I believe I have read that normal tritium radiation doesn't even penetrate the skin. Yes, it is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 9:27:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I believe I have read that normal tritium radiation doesn't even penetrate the skin. Yes, it is ridiculous.
View Quote
It is ridiculous. However you can still get night sights installed on a fixed front sight Beretta. I will need to find the threads but one is on Beretta forum and the other is on pistol forum. There is another company in Michigan that has a process where they mill the front sight into a dovetail. I was always told this wasn't possible but the photos don't lie. It works and by all accounts works well. Thousands of rounds without a problem.

As for the M9A1, I spoke with a rep while at the NRA show, they are still not 100% up and running in TN yet. The lines for the M9A1 are not set up yet, I was told maybe sept to the first of the year. My perfect Beretta is an M9A1 frame with a Vertec/A3 slide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top