Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2017 9:46:28 PM EDT
I like the looks. But the PX4 Storm compact......reliable? Concealable? Ergo?

I have read reviews....but I don't trust some of the online ones....I prefer to hear from actual owners....your thoughts?

THANKS
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 2:58:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I just got one, really like how it feels and shoots. Seems like most of the guys over on the Beretta Forum who have one likes it. Everything I've seen says they are very reliable. Don't have holster yet so can't say how concealable they are yet. Local holster maker will be making me a kydex IWB for me as soon as he gets a compact mold in. I've stuck it in my belt where it would be in a IWB holster and it seems pretty comfortable.

Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:29:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I had one. It was a good feeling gun in the hand, it shot fine, especially after putting a recoil reduction spring in it. However, I sold it because I felt it was too heavy/ bulky for "comfortable" carry. Used a N8 2 holster.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:54:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Our PX4 9mm Compact is a real sweet shooter, both very accurate and low perceived recoil.

Don't have a holster for it, so can't help there.....
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:16:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I carry mine sometimes. It is roughly the same size of my Glock 19. I carry it in a Alien Gear 3.0 Cloaktuck and it is very comfortable. I love the PX4 series with the exception of the sub compact model. In my opinion the SC model doesn't bring anything special to the table. The full size and compact guns have the rotating barrel which makes for a very soft shooting gun. The PX4 series finally has some factory support behind it (it only took them 15 years), so you can get better triggers and controls. Sights can be a problem depending on what you like because some manufactures just don't make sights for the PX4 guns. I haven't had any problems finding IWB holsters for it either.

Compared to other compact guns like the G19, M&P, P2000, P30, P320, SP2022, I feel the PX4 is a solid performer. Both of my guns have been nothing but reliable and as for accuracy, it is very accurate. Things I would like to see improved is the finish. Beretta's finish is a bit soft. Adjustable grip panels kind of like you see on the VP9 and P30. I would also like to see a long slide with a compact grip that is optic ready. I wouldn't mind seeing different color frames. I realize it is purely cosmetic but I like having different colors.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:39:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought one in a .40 from a buddy of mine who needed the cash. Seems like a decent pistol. I'm a .45 ACP/.357 Mag guy, so it wouldn't have been something I'd go out and buy myself. That said, it shoots very nicely and I've had no functionality issues at all. Recoil in the .40 seems very mild, but like I said, my point of reference is a .45. My only complaint is that it is a pudgy little thing. It is not my first choice for concealed carry as even my 1911s seem thinner. Of course, this is probably my imagination.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 7:14:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I own a full size one in 9mm

Accurate describes that pistol to a T.

Only thing I plan on doing with mine is swapping out the safety levers for some smaller profile ones.

Beretta really made a good pistol with these, they just sucked at advertising it
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 9:10:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I just ordered one recently. $425 before shipping and a $75 rebate this month from Beretta made me get off the fence fast.

I'm interested in seeing how it compares to my 92 compact.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 2:22:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I love my 92A1 compact. The compact has enough weight to it to make it very soft shooting and fast to get back on target. The PX4 accomplishes this same feat thanks to the rotating barrel. The advantage is that the PX4 is a lot lighter and in the summer carrying the PX4 is much more practical. I think you will like the PX4C. I saw the other day they make an all FDE version now.

FDE PX4C

Do want.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 2:59:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I love mine.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:48:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Only thing I plan on doing with mine is swapping out the safety levers for some smaller profile ones.
View Quote
I agree with this, the safety levers aren't called "bat wings" for nothing. Not sure what Beretta was thinking on these. I have a storm compact in 9mm. I got a firesale on mine with a rebate, believe I ended up paying about $410 for it including shipping and FFL. Right now my staple EDC are G19 and Shield 9mm, I haven't warmed up enough to it to replace the G19 but it's an excellent shooter. Decent ergonomics. Has been 100% reliable. If you're wanting to try something, go for it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top