Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2002 4:23:16 PM EDT
and how much do the magazines cost for a preban 15 rounder.also im kind of partial to glocks right now so how would you compare a beretta model 92  to a glock 17 in reliability and accuracy.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 5:09:08 PM EDT
[#1]
15 round factory mags used are going around $50 and easy to find.

I've got an Italian made 92fs stainless and it's an outstanding weapon. Although I don't have a Glock 17 I do have the 2nd generation Glock 22. I would have to put reliability and accuracy between the two as comparable.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 5:46:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Did someone say >>GLOCK<< !!!

I have Both  92F and A G-17.

The 92F was my first real handgun and I love it for that. But once I started to shoot Glocks with the 3.5klb triggers It was all over for me and my 92F . It is Damn good looking gun though!

If you can try them both out a couple of times and see how they feel for YOU .

Good luck , and If you need any Glock help head on over to the Glock Forum and I`ll try my best.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 6:13:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Like music, cars, and women one's choice in a handgun is a personal thing as different handguns fit our hands differently. I have a few semi-automatic handguns and really enjoy my Beretta 92FS. The big fat frame fits my hand like a glove.

I'd recommend that you get your hand on each pistol and see how they feel.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 6:42:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 2:45:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I got my American made 92 cheap. I love it. It came with one 10 round magazine, which is long gone. Going rate on used factory 15 rounders around here is $35 & up. I managed to have some pre bans still in the blister pack from a while back. The Italian 92s do seem to be made better, but mine is fine. Neither my Glocks or Berettas ever skipped a beat, so thats a draw. Mags for Glocks cost more, unless you can live with 10 rounders. I prefer the Beretta sight picture, for my old eyeballs.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 9:45:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Was just at the range today with my Beretta 92 and my fathers GLock 19.  

I had several people shoot both pistols and everyone grouped better with the Beretta.

I love the weight of the Glock.  Mt Beretta feel so heavy after handling the Glock!  But performance wins out everytime for me.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 1:14:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Got one for my wife back in 1989 and really like it.  It's an Italian one.  Two of my brothers have U.S. made ones and I see no difference in quality. Both have great fitting slide and frames.

I remember going to the gun shows before the ban on the high capacity mags and seeing the new G.I. brown wrapped 15 rounders going for $13 and then seeing them jump to $50 when the ban passed.  Wish I had loaded up on them.  I also remember seeing a guy with like about 100 of used factory ones for $25 each at the very last Great Western Gun Show at the L.A. Fairgrounds.  Probably police trade ins.  I picked up three and ended up selling a friend two of them because he couldn't make it to the show.......wish I'de have bought more.

The only failure I have had is breaking the barrel locking block.  I ended up getting a new G.I. barrel and locking block through some outfit in the Shotgun News for $80.  Anyone knows who else sells replacement locking blocks for cheap?  I wouldn't mind having an extra one around.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top