Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2002 3:22:07 PM EDT
mail.crimsontrace.com/~shannonr/Beretta%2092FS%20Lasergrip%20Pistol_.pdf

Beretta USA has teamed up with Crimson Trace to deliver the first pistol introduced with Lasergrips as original factory equipment.  The new Beretta 92FS Lasergrips package is now shipping from the Beretta factory to most major wholesalers for immediate distribution to dealers nationwide.  

This package includes the Beretta Model 92FS pistol with limited edition rubber wrap-around Lasergrips, featuring Beretta's well-known three-arrow emblem molded on either side, already installed and sighted.  Double finger grooves, slim-line styling and built-in dual activation switches provide a strong, natural hold with instinctive laser activation.  

With a suggested retail price of only $849.00, this is one combination that can't miss!

I don't like lasers for use outside the house use as they are so lighting dependant but I do recommend them for home defense guns. Having the ability to lower the pistol and keep it in a close-to-the-body retention position while accurately aiming it can be a nice feature.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 5:03:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 6:06:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't have either, but I do have a LASER on my .22LR pistol.  It actually takes longer to use a laser than sights.  You have to to aquire the laser, then maneuver it to the right spot.  With sights you are looking through them and getting on target is much faster.  They are fun though.  I'd think they'd be great for some specific applications (indoors is a good one, as is firing with a gas mask, or NVGs), but not for general purpose use.  

The fastest way to use them is to look over the sights so the LASER is already on target.  Once I figured that out, the LASER pretty much became a toy rather than a tool.  It was faster to just use the sights.  

Still, they are fun and they really get comments at the range.

Ross
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 12:30:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got LaserMax on my stainless 92.  I'm very happy with it.

Completely internal, never comes out of adjustment.  Take it out or put it in with no tools at all.  And the on/off switch is ambidextrous, on the takedown lever.
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 5:51:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Cool factor aside, makes a nice addition to, not instead of, normal shooting skills, IMHO. One by the bedside may come in handy...perps normally don't like polka dots.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 6:22:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Aimless - you need Adobe Acrobat reader for the link to work.

I agree on the laser having limited applications and I think that too many people get them for the wrong reason (they look cool) or application.

The .357 revolver I use as my house gun has a set of Crimson Trace grips. Though force of habbit I would use the iron sights at any distance beyond a handful of yards.

Waving the laser around a darken room is a bad thing and gives the bad guy the shoot here location. Holding a bad guy under laser is much easier than under iron sights.

Lasers aren't for most applications but can have some applications indoors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top