Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2013 10:26:53 PM EDT
I've gotten three Beretta "Made in Italy" 9mm mags. I thought they were for my 92, but they're too short to lock in place or reach the chamber.
It was suggested they were for a Cougar, and I'd try them if the Shop had one, but they don't, so now I'm guessing/trying to figure out what the fit.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 3:35:46 AM EDT
[#1]
How many rounds do they hold? At one time, Beretta did make a "Compact" version of the 92. It had a shorter barrel and grip frame. The mags for this pistol held 13 rounds instead of the 15 rounds of the standard 92.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 3:49:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How many rounds do they hold? At one time, Beretta did make a "Compact" version of the 92. It had a shorter barrel and grip frame. The mags for this pistol held 13 rounds instead of the 15 rounds of the standard 92.
View Quote

They hold 13 rounds.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 4:23:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Beretta 92FS compact mags

link

link 2

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#4]

I wouldn't mind having one of those.
OP, out of curiosity how did you acquire the mags?
I know what all of my mags are for, even if I don't have the gun any more.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Dealer friend of mine had a bunch of magazines and gave me a deal. If you'd like to discuss purchasing them, then please I.M./e-mail lest we be spanked for selling outside the EE.
I had a short slide 96 but I didn't know they made one with a shortened grip/frame.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 10:33:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I would love to get a compact, that looks sweet.  I have a Centurion currently, I guess it is a hybrid between compact and full size.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I would love to get a compact, that looks sweet.  I have a Centurion currently, I guess it is a hybrid between compact and full size.
View Quote

You might be right: I had a 96 that had a full size frame, but a short slide (compaired to the full size 92/96)
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 1:32:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Do they look like this

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:40:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Do they look like this
http://retting.com/e/bermag92cx2.jpg
View Quote

That's them!
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Dealer friend of mine had a bunch of magazines and gave me a deal. If you'd like to discuss purchasing them, then please I.M./e-mail lest we be spanked for selling outside the EE.
I had a short slide 96 but I didn't know they made one with a shortened grip/frame.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just to clarify, I was referring to the pistols posted. Not the magazines.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:59:00 PM EDT
[#11]
may as well go buy the gun to go with them
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 8:44:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

That's them!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do they look like this

That's them!
Definitely 92 compact magazines.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:31:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do they look like this

That's them!

Not to divert, but what's the difference between these and some of the "newer" 9mm's like the PX/cougar/8000 series.
I really should bone up on all the new models; we've had many different Beretta's over the last 40 years...Both my Brother and I have Jaguars made in the 60's that we've fired thousands of rounds through! Come to think of it we've got a dozen or more Beretta's between us.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:02:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Those compacts are sexy as hell.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:23:32 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Not to divert, but what's the difference between these and some of the "newer" 9mm's like the PX/cougar/8000 series.

I really should bone up on all the new models; we've had many different Beretta's over the last 40 years...Both my Brother and I have Jaguars made in the 60's that we've fired thousands of rounds through! Come to think of it we've got a dozen or more Beretta's between us.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Cougar and the 8000 series are pretty much the same animal from what I know about them.

All 3 of those models use a rotating barrel assembly instead of the 92's style locking block.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top